collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I played all through Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama and around in Kentucky and places, but I never played in Texas, but I played all over the cotton belt countries - Howlin' Wolf, interview with Pete Welding, Chicago, ca. 1967, I Sing For The People: An Interview with Howlin' Wolf, Down Beat, 14 Dec 1967

Author Topic: Capo suggestions  (Read 899 times)

Offline big joe weems

• Howdy!
Capo suggestions
« on: February 23, 2021, 04:52:01 PM »
What’s your favorite brand and model of capo?

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
Re: Capo suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 01:53:14 AM »
No matter what the manufacturers say, it appears to me that all capos throw the guitar out of tune to a certain extent. Having tried a G7 Nashville for a while, I went back to the tried and tested Shubb. Others might be better, but I don't feel inclined to experiment. I've heard that Kyser is a good brand, but have no personal experience. I look forward to hearing other people's views.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 05:37:02 AM »
Shubb, industry standard. Nice and light, reliable, just works.

Offline harriet

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 04:13:36 PM »
I use a bunch of different brands, paige, schubb and kyser. Paige makes one that is deep enough to work on my squareneck modified for regular playing. I veer towards the paige on my ladderbraced parlors, they seem to suit the flat fretboards, Schubb makes a variety of curves and also sells spare rubber parts in case they wear out- I rotate mine.

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 09:59:00 PM »
Shubb does make a flat fretboard capo as well, sold for "Classical" and it has plenty of length for an old Stella. Even a twelve string, I can attest. I have a Shubb for every guitar so that I can keep them preset for performance. The tension adjustment, needed as you move up the neck, comes easily to hand.

Wax
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline harriet

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 04:45:52 AM »
Shubb does make a flat fretboard capo as well, sold for "Classical" and it has plenty of length for an old Stella. Even a twelve string, I can attest. I have a Shubb for every guitar so that I can keep them preset for performance. The tension adjustment, needed as you move up the neck, comes easily to hand.

Wax

Thanks just ordered the classical - arrived already on Friday 2/26 and seems to work great...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 05:02:26 PM by harriet »

Offline rein

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 12:42:23 PM »
I already had a Shubb and now bought the classical for my PMiCo Stelloid guitar, however it is the new model with the roller cam, and it does not really like the thick V neck. It always clamps more than I would like, because I don t have the adjustment room to loosen it. The old model had more room for fat necks, so that s something to keep in mind,

Tags: capos 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal