collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I started a guitar school. It was called Home of the Blues, on 125th Street in New York. I did that for five, six years and had a lot of students - Brownie McGhee

Author Topic: **** Mike Bloomberg!  (Read 991 times)

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
**** Mike Bloomberg!
« on: November 15, 2011, 07:57:29 PM »
Back to Boston with the fucking Plutocrat. Things are heating up here in NYC folks....stay tuned, This Revolution WILL be televised. If only I'd bought that pitchfork and torch concession back in Transylvania........
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 07:34:06 PM by Rivers »
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: Fuck Mike Bloomberg!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 08:00:40 PM »
If I'd been managing OWS things would have been different. We would have just melted away into the night, no fanfare, no nothing. That would have conserved energy and scared the living shit out of everybody.

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 08:36:48 PM »
Oh I think people are starting to get scared shitless as is. They realize this is the beginning of the end of the second gilded age. Now if the cool cucumber on Pennsylvania ave. wants a second term he'd better find a way to get on board and double quick.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 08:50:10 PM »
Local politics notwithstanding. This is not, IMHO, about his mayoralship, or NYC per se. Bloomberg's just the local copper, and NYC just happens to be where Wall St is at. Think global, buy local, ignore the adrenaline, reset to the tactical prankster planning impulse.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 09:01:32 PM by Rivers »

Offline tmylet

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 12:04:48 PM »
Wow! You guys scared me for a minute there...I misread the subject as "F**k Mike Bloomfield...
Dr. Tommy

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 12:36:50 PM »
I have to say boys and girls that whilst I am certainly no prude and am  known to use a few choice anglo saxon words myself, somehow I find the language in this thread a little over the top for cultured weenies.
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline eric

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 12:58:22 PM »
Well I might have phrased it differently, but I believe we're on the same page here.  A certain individual has been out of steady work for 8 months, stuck in a house he can't sell or refinance, with one kid in college and one starting and a skill set that appears to be entirely useless in this State.  Being the eternal optimist, I keep thinking, well, it could be worse.  But I'm not seeing much audacity, and I'm kind of running out of hope.

Musical content:  I now have more time to play music...   ;)
--
Eric

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 02:17:00 PM »
I feel for you Eric. I always felt it was just a little suspicious that the most charming, eloquent, personable, intelligent, Young handsome African American poll, just "happened" to pop up to derail the candidacy of a woman with an avowed vendetta against the health care industry and against whom the right waged the most expensive and relentless smear campaign in memory. Why its almost the kind of thing someone like Karl Rove would have come up with. I think Barack has tipped his hand enough times now for us to have to admit that he's one of "them". As far as letting Bloomberg off the hook...NFW dude. The buck stops with its antlers planted firmly in his chest as far as I'm concerned. He should have fired pepper sprayer Anthony Bologna (Tony Baloney) on the spot and rescinded his pension, instead he made wimpy sigh heaving assertions as to the unfortunate necessity of adhering to the first amendment. He can take a flying bite out of you know where...after he moves back to Boston! 

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 03:45:08 PM »
Keep the cops on the sidelines and let the people who lost their jobs occupy the homes of the financial wizards who brought us this mess in say, Greenwich, CT. Make them live together until things are straightened out. How's that for a reality show that will never happen?

"I got mine, And no banker was left behind..."

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 08:58:04 AM »
Eric, don't get me wrong I'm only knocking the language it just seemed very out of place here, in the flesh I swear a lot  :-X

Between you and I, I have been through a similar situation back in the dreaded 1980s recession we had here so I can really appreciate your position, I wish you well.
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline CF

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 10:25:40 AM »
 . . . well let's say the rarity of the tone here & its source make it appropriate?
Muck lives in NYC, I think his perspective is a little more charged then some of us other Weenies.
Stand By If You Wanna Hear It Again . . .

Offline eric

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 11:21:33 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, guys.  When I think about the circumstances most of our musical heroes endured, I consider myself pretty lucky.

And this place wouldn't be quite the same without Mr. O'Muck, would it? :D
--
Eric

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 02:02:05 PM »
They realize this is the beginning of the end of the second gilded age.

If the Occupy clowns have there way, we're headed for the second Dark Age. Imagine those clueless fools running the asylum. Muck, have you seen the movie "Gangs of New York" Back to raising pigs in the streets.

Alex

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 07:17:18 PM »
Frankly if I'd been faced with the onset of a NYC winter and lack of creative leadership I'd have gone quietly too. The issue is/was Wall Street greed and power, let's all remember that, young people's tribal fashion choices and crap Scorcese films are completely irrelevant, as are crowd control techniques. They have nothing to do with the issue, which is institutionalized thievery. :) And have a nice day!

[O'Muck, I took the liberty of moderating the F-word with asterisks in the topic title, hope you don't mind too much, we get the picture]
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 07:30:24 PM by Rivers »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal