collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I really liked it, but I don't ever want to do it again. - Mississippi John Hurt, after a ride through Manhattan on the back of Patrick Sky's motorcycle, liner notes to Complete Studio Recordings

Author Topic: Tommie Bradley- any info?  (Read 1679 times)

LoneWolf

Tommie Bradley- any info?
« on: January 08, 2007, 06:31:20 AM »
I couldn't find any piece of biography about this fine musician on the internet. From what I understand, he got only 8 solo recordings (recordings in which he is the singer) in existence, and I think he played the fiddle. I just love his music. He played blues, as well as other types of folk and pop songs of that era. He is great.

Offline natterjack

Re: Tommie Bradley- any info?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »
According to the booklet with the Good for What Ails You complilation - "the life of Tommy Bradley remains a mystery"

Not much help I'm afraid - sorry ;)
Good track though

Offline MTJ3

• Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 11:28:49 AM »
Tommie Bradley's "known associates" with whom he recorded and some of their respective affiliates were from or active in Indianapolis.  Accordingly, I think that can be assumed that he was from Indianapolis.  Beyond that, I don't think anything is known about him.  I will post more specific info (including the B&GR) when I have returned home.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 12:27:42 PM by MTJ3 »

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 11:55:38 AM »
Steve Tracy tried to track down folk who knew/remembered Tommie Bradley when researching his book Going To Cincinnati (Illinios UP, 1993) which contains a fascinating chapter entitled "Coles and Coleman's" (Kid Cole, James, Kid Coley, Bob Coleman, Walter Coleman, Sweet Papa Tadpole etc) in which he attempts to make sense of the interaction and structure of those Cincinnati groups. It's the sort of chapter that shoulld be reprinted as a booklet, it's long enough - 43 pages.

Tags: Tommie Bradley 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal