collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The rough side of the mountain is the best side to be on. Because, on the slick side, if you slip, you gonna fall all the way down. But on the rough side, there's a ledge here, so if I slip up, I got something to hold on to. Ha ha! - Doctor G B Burt, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16662606

Author Topic: 9 string  (Read 3508 times)

Offline Cambio

• Howdy!
9 string
« on: June 20, 2008, 10:28:38 AM »
I used to say that the first person to get a 9 string could claim the title "King of the 9 String".  John M. got one from me a little while back, and now a lone Weenie has stepped up to the plate to order one with all the bells and whistles.  You all are going to have a 9 string smack down at PT this year to see who can claim the crown. 
I had a lot of fun building this one, and even more fun playing it.  I'll be sad to see it go.  The top is European spruce and the back and sides are maple. 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 10:30:36 AM by Cambio »

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
Re: 9 string
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 11:13:53 AM »
I would be happy to take one of those beautiful 9 stringers of yours and break it in for you FREE OF CHARGE! ;) :P >:D
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 08:40:57 PM »
Wow, Todd, that really looks spectacular!  I will look forward to meeting it and the proud owner in Port Townsend and seeing how its sound compares with the one I got from you.  I'm continuing to be very happy with its sound and playability, and it seems to be stuck semi-permanently in Spanish tuning, which really suits it.
All best,
Johnm
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 06:44:57 AM by Johnm »

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 03:40:25 PM »
Really nice and I'm certainly not going to make one!
(That's enough of that. Ed)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal