collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
What you want with a rooster, he won't crow 'fore day? What you want with a man who won't do nothin' he say? - Charlie Patton, Banty Rooster Blues

Author Topic: Lancaster Roots & Blues Fest  (Read 717 times)

Offline onewent

• Mr. So and So
    • vintagebluesguitars.com
Lancaster Roots & Blues Fest
« on: February 01, 2016, 11:53:27 AM »
Just wanted to give all weenies a heads-up on the upcoming Lancaster Roots & Blues fest Feb 26,27 28 in historic downtown Lancaster (PA).
Last year my partner in Vintage Blues Guitars and I hosted a master session with Blind Boy Paxton which reviewed the history of the acoustic guitar in blues music, discussed by Bruce and I, and performed by Jerron.

This year, we're happy to sponsor our friend Ari Eisinger, acoustic blues guitarist and singer, in a session which spans the acoustic blues 'styles', including Piedmont, Delta, Atlanta 12-string, Gospel, and others.  Bruce and I will overview, briefly (mercifully), a particular style, and Ari will demonstrate on guitar.  We'll also have a variety of vintage guitars typically heard on the old 78s for attendees to 'test drive' and discuss after the session.

The Master Session lasts 1 hour, and is presented in the library, second floor Ware Center on Saturday, February 27th from 3-4.

The room holds only 50-60, and we were packed last year (SRO), so plan to arrive early!

Lancaster Roots & Blues is a three-day, downtown-wide music fest that features dozens of artists in a variety of venues, from large stage to small bar, and everything in between.

Here is a link to the Master Sessions, and you can easily visit the R&B home page for more details.  Hope to see some weenies in attendance, and be sure to say Hi if you attend.  I'll be the tall guy.   :o   Tom

http://lancasterrootsandblues.com/featured-artists-2016/master-classes-2016-2/

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
Re: Lancaster Roots & Blues Fest
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 01:01:19 PM »
Sounds great.  Anyone even vaguely close should get there.  Ari is great.

I hadn't realised you were connected with Vintage Blues Guitars.  I was looking at your site just yesterday, lusting after a Regal guitar!

Offline onewent

• Mr. So and So
    • vintagebluesguitars.com
Re: Lancaster Roots & Blues Fest
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 02:33:56 PM »
Lust away! :P  Ari has a nice stable of vintage Stellas, too.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal