collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Blues fans are just thick. You can play them any old rubbish and they'll cheer. It doesn't matter how badly you play because blues fans, who are supposed to he so intelligent, will accept anything, however abysmal' - Chris Mercer, quoted by the mysterious Neville Wiggins, The History of Rock Volume 5 Issue 56 (Stepping Out), 1983, p.1101-1103

Author Topic: Racism and feeling objectified  (Read 1676 times)

Offline oddenda

Re: Racism and feeling objectified
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 05:30:33 PM »
Besides being chased by Buddy Moss with a pistol in the 70's (see "Oddenda & Such" columns of mine in B&R), my experiences were generally good. Older folks like Wilie Trice ALWAYS kept a distance and he always referred to me as "Mr. Pete", and Bastin as "Mr. Bruce". That was as loose as he could go, no matter how friendly we became over the years. And we were friends, of that there is no doubt - my last meeting with him before he died tells me that.

pbl

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 06:02:50 PM »
Your experience was much like my own, Peter B.  I always operated from a "friendly but not familiar" stance.  I wouldn't have presumed to have acted like I was these older musicians' new best friend.  I would say, too, in my experience, the better I came to know musicians, the more I was interested in them as people and the less I was interested in them as repositories of music.  After my first meeting with Sam Chatmon, I don't know if I ever discussed music with him again.  We talked about life stuff, family, jobs, dogs he had had, and stuff like that.  He was very grandfatherly to me, with life advice and so on.
All best,
Johnm
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 06:28:29 PM by Johnm »

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 08:06:00 PM »
I totally know how it feels. By a series of accidents, starting about 9 months before I was born, I have a British accent and currently live in Texas.  :P

Offline Mike Billo

• Howdy!
    • Mike Billo
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 08:53:34 PM »

[/quote]
Please tell me your kidding
Alex
[/quote]

No Alex. I'm afraid I'm not kidding. He assured me it was a common practice.
      What horrible excuses for human beings.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal