collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Well they kidnapped my baby, and she was all I had // And they held her for a ten thousand dollar ransom, ooh well well, you know that made me feel so bad - Peetie Wheatstraw, Kidnapper's Blues

Author Topic: My new/old guitar and introduction  (Read 5405 times)

Offline alyoung

Re: My new/old guitar and introduction
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2016, 05:00:57 AM »
Guitar and rug showed up nicely first time around in New Zealand ... it's seldom that something works here and not elsewhere. Some of those old Kalamazoos are real nice; I had one once, but a ham-fisted luthier stuffed it up by re-lacquering it with about a quarter-inch of  varnish. From then on, it looked great, but sounded like crap. I played it back to a degree, but eventually sold it.

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 07:14:31 AM »
Now I see it! When posting photos in the Weenie gallery, I have to reduce them in size considerably and have a useful program called "FastStone Photo Resizer" which does the job fine.

Nice guitar. I think the sunburst KG-14 looks smarter than my natural KGN-12, which is (theoretically) the better model.

Thanks again for posting.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Turbo

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 10:01:33 AM »
@ 'alyong'; Ouch, re-lacquering is never good, hate to hear that... my L-OO had some factory overspray from the 1950's but that's not as deadly to the sound

@ 'Parlor Picker'; I was going to resize but thought different, thanks for the tip. I've seen some natural and tea burst KG-12's when I was looking to buy. Does yours have the hidden truss rod?

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2016, 04:31:14 PM »
Hi Turbo,

Welcome, and congrats on your fine looking KG-14!

Perhaps we will be treated with a sound sample in the future? 

Cheers

Pan

Offline Turbo

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2016, 08:21:21 PM »
Hi Turbo,

Welcome, and congrats on your fine looking KG-14!

Perhaps we will be treated with a sound sample in the future? 

Cheers

Pan

Thanks! Absolutely, I do not have my recording gear set up anymore but I'm sure my Mac mic can give you a basic idea on how she sounds.

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2016, 04:27:10 AM »
@ 'Parlor Picker'; I was going to resize but thought different, thanks for the tip. I've seen some natural and tea burst KG-12's when I was looking to buy. Does yours have the hidden truss rod?
[/quote]

No - it just has a metal rod in the neck and is not adjustable. It had been given a neck reset before I got it. Although an "Oriole" it appears to never have had the bird decal on the headstock.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Tags: Kalamazoo KG-14 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal