collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Take Back Your Heart, I Ordered Liver! - a jazz title without the actual song, according to Dave Van Ronk - Elijah Wald

Author Topic: Remote Duets  (Read 1341 times)

si

Remote Duets
« on: June 30, 2005, 07:38:41 PM »
Heard somewhere of a website where one person can upload a track, then someone else can overlay a second track. Never found the site.
Anyway it sounds like fun, has anyone tried remote duets here on Weenie?
Is there any good free multitrack recording software, preferably multi-platform? If so then could use that as a standard format.
Or maybe someone can suggest best and simplest way to do this.

Offline a2tom

• stickman's got 'em
Re: Remote Duets
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 05:55:37 AM »
an interesting idea. 

I use some software that came with my audio setup (a version of Cubasis, came with my Tascam USB mic interface) that would work fine for this application - you can easily import a WAV file, then record another track along with it, then export the whole thing as a new WAV file.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was some other more generally usable software (perhaps shareware) like this.  Don't know though.

tom

si

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 07:56:52 AM »
Yes the technology used would have to be free and available for various computers.
Will investigate when time permits.
Meanwhile if anyone has "n-track" (software for Windows) and wants to do a trial jam, let me know.

si

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 08:07:09 AM »
a2tom, feel free, if you wish, to convert "Bill's Rag" (on back porch) to wav format, add an improvised second guitar part using cubasis, convert back to mp3 format and put on back porch.
(I can convert between mp3 to wav if required).
Or would you (or anyone else) allow me to try adding a second track to your/their back porch mp3?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal