collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The minstrel and annex bands were features at the show grounds. Here were a group of colored minstrels, players, band people, under the direction of Edward Rucker... The band plays pretty airs of all kinds, suiting the music nicely to the work in hand. When the snakes were exhibited it played a charming waltz; somehow it fitted the exhibit; others were of similar propriety - The Indianapolis Freeman, July 4th, 1914, quoted in Ragged But Right by Lynn Abbott and Doug Seroff

Author Topic: Ted Bogan’s Guitar Style  (Read 734 times)

Offline crustypicker

• Howdy!
Ted Bogan’s Guitar Style
« on: April 26, 2021, 05:31:04 PM »
Hey gang, I’m just curious has anyone sat and figured out the guitar accompaniment that Ted Bogan would play with Howard Armstrong and Carl Martin? Great stuff really! Sounds like he’s doing a lot of Western swing chords. He moves around a lot and it’s pretty hard to hear all the subtle chords with the whole band ripping away at it. Very cool stuff though here is an extra heartfelt take they do of “They cut down the old pine tree” enjoy.

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
Re: Ted Bogan’s Guitar Style
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 05:49:04 PM »
If you watch the movie Louie Bluie, there's a ton of footage of Bogan playing, and he does indeed play a ton of swing-type chords; he's a very sophisticated player. I'd recommend checking that out if you haven't seen it.
Chris

Offline crustypicker

• Howdy!
Re: Ted Bogan’s Guitar Style
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 05:55:16 PM »
It is one of my all time favorite flicks! Terry zwigoff really delivered the goods. Especially that scene at the end when they are busking and playing “wrap your troubles in dreams” just about brings a tear to my eye every time. Also just the friendly banter between them all is priceless. “If we were the last two men on earth and had but one biscuit between us, I’d break it in half and eat both ends”

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal