collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
John had recently flown for the first time and did not like it at all. Pat Sky tried to reassure him, saying it was a pretty safe means of transport and adding, "Anyway, when it's your time to go, it's your time to go." John thought a while and answered, "Yeah, but what if you're on the plane and it's the pilot's time to go?" - from Phil Ratcliffe's Biography of Mississippi John Hurt

Author Topic: The weather  (Read 2458 times)

Offline Lastfirstface

Re: The weather
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 06:10:51 AM »
Just dug myself out of 12'' or so in western Mass. Last week I was looking at flowers poking through the mud!

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 04:21:40 PM »
Western Mass eh? We're practically next door. Relative to the size of this country anyway. It still blows my mind after 13 years here just how vast and diverse the USA is.

Latest snow here has so far been a bit of a fizzer, which is a kiwi term for 'not quite living up to expectations'. Of course if I hadn't burned half a day staging the tractor / generator things would have been different so I figure it was a good rehearsal for the next real snowpocalypse.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 07:10:45 PM »
We've had two more snowy nor'easters since my last post. Spring arrived two days ago and we're still somewhat snow challenged. But the thaw is in and no snow predicted as the planet, well actually the ecliptic, tips inexorably towards summer. Jeez, what a relief!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 07:16:15 PM by Rivers »

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal