collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Chop your own wood, it will warm you twice - Henry Ford

Author Topic: Forum Usage: Tags  (Read 38556 times)

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
Re: Forum Usage: Tag Guidelines
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 03:08:25 PM »
Argh!

If one of the moderators would like to put some tags to the waltz thread (if any are needed?), when and if time permits, I would very much appreciate it.

http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=3475.0

I'm completely at loss, how to do this; who and what to choose, and who and what to leave out...  :-\

Apoletigally yours,

Pan  :P

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 04:51:34 PM »
That's a tricky one to tag, it aleady has a 'waltzes' tag so the decision is which artists to add. Can't add 'em all, too many. Plus they will show up in a search.

The guideline is to make sure there is enough content for the tag in the topic. So if somebody is listed a couple of times it's probably not a good candidate for a tag, and you'd have to do a search to find it.

I'll read through it, add anything that's more meaty than a name check, and keep an eye on it for future developments.

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 06:16:22 PM »
I'd go for the obvious candidates, the Mississippi Sheiks being the most obvious, and they're already tagged. Perhaps Leadbelly. I agree, too many artists to tag, so ferret out the waltziest of the bunch.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 06:45:31 PM »
Yeah, Huddie would make it to tagdom in the thread, there is a bit of interesting "in the pines" chat in there and quite a few songs. It's mostly zillions of one- or two liners though.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2009, 10:58:45 AM »
Hi all,
I've been doing some maintenance of tags in the Lyrics board, and just wanted to point out that it is not helpful to tag threads in that board with the tag "lyrics", since the entire board is devoted to lyrics.  It will work much better in terms of searching for an artist's lyrics if you simply tag the lyric thread with the name of the artist whose work is featured.  Thanks!
All best,
John
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 11:08:58 AM by Johnm »

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 11:21:48 AM »
And, just to reiterate guideline #1, in order to avoid duplication, rather than create a tag the way you think an artist's name might be spelled, (Charley or Charlie?) click on the Tag button at the top of the page, find the tag you want to use, and copy, back click and paste. This saves Mods a lot of housekeeping.

Can't find the tag you want to use? Please read Rivers first post on this thread for guidelines as to creating new tags.

Thanks,

Wax
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 02:48:51 PM »
Hi all,
Over the past several years, we've amassed quite a variety of performances on the Back Porch and in the Performance Corner.  A number of Weenies have posted a good number of performances in one or the other, or both of those locations.  It seems like it makes sense at this time, to suggest for people who have posted performances (only if they would care to) to tag the initial post for each one of the performances they've put up with the name they use to post on the Weenie Site. 
Having people's performances tagged with their names will make it easier to locate all the performances by someone who has done a single performance that you've heard and really enjoyed.  As things currently stand, you would have to go all the way through the Back Porch or Performance Corner Boards to locate all of an individual's performances.  With the performances tagged, it will be possible to find all of the threads containing a player's performances just by clicking on the tag at the end of one performance or by going to the TAGS menu.
Once again, this tagging of performances is purely on a voluntary basis, but for those of you who are interested in doing it, it will create an easier access to those performances you spent some time and effort putting together.  For further information on tagging guidelines, go to Rivers' first two posts at the beginning of this thread.  Thanks.
All best,
Johnm 

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 01:30:36 AM »
It seems like it makes sense at this time, to suggest for people who have posted performances (only if they would care to) to tag the initial post for each one of the performances they've put up with the name they use to post on the Weenie Site. 
A small observation. There's currently a TAG of 'Frankie' covering Frankie & Albert/Johnny discussions etc. There's also a Frankie member who posts performances. Perhaps the existing tag should be renamed.

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 03:39:07 AM »
Now had the vanity to tag my performances on the back porch.

Trouble is I'm now going to have to spend the rest of the day checking out some of the great weenie performances there that I'd forgotten about.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 07:58:45 AM »
Hi all,
Bunker Hill, I think the "Frankie" issue is easily solved.  The song title tag can be kept as is, and if the frankie who posts performances cares to tag his performances, his "nom de net" is a lower case "frankie", so I think that will work out okay.

Thanks for tagging your performances, Phil.  I hope other folks will follow your suit.  It will make it easier to find everyone's performances.
All best,
Johnm

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 09:18:03 PM »
Hmm. I went back to a thread a started in the Back Porch called Georgia Blues (on page 5 or 6, I think) and attempted to do this but there was no tag field there after I hit modify. Any suggestions or am I missing something?

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 09:45:21 PM »
Hi Chris,
My suggestion of where to tag was faulty.  What you need to do is go to the last post in any page of a thread (however many pages the thread has), and following that last post on a page you will see an "Add tag" option at the bottom left below the last post.  You can put your name in there.  Sorry for any confusion.
All best,
Johnm 

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2009, 05:53:38 PM »
Ah, that worked fine, John -- thanks! I'll go back and add them.
Chris

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 07:14:33 PM »
Question, I think we need a tag for "famous lines" such as "Well, there ain?t no use in me working so hard, got me two good women workin' in a rich mans yard". These, and discussions thereof, crop up all the time and we need to be tagging them.

"Famous lines" is pretty lame but I'm drawing a blank. Any suggestions? In internet speak they could be called "memes of the 1920's". Or something. They are definitely an ancient example of memes, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme

Maybe I answered my own question, maybe the tag should be "memes".
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 07:21:59 PM by Rivers »

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2010, 07:08:12 PM »
OK no objections lodged, I'm tagging those items with "memes"

Tags: tags 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal