collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Ernest (for some reason he always called Scruggs Ernest), you're a fine banjo player, but you ain't a bit funny - Uncle Dave Macon to Earl Scruggs, from Rutherford County Historical Society Publication No. 35 by Charles Wolfe

Author Topic: Radio Interviews of Blues Personalities  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Cambio

• Howdy!
Radio Interviews of Blues Personalities
« on: March 31, 2006, 05:21:18 PM »
Hi Weenies,
Here in Madison Wisconsin, we are very lucky to have a great community radio station, 89.9 FM WORT, which among its many assets has an excellent blues show on Saturday nights, co-hosted by Art Schuna and Dave Leucinger. 
Art often plays interviews that he has done with different personalities in the blues.  He has recently made the interviews available on the web:
http://lists.wort-fm.org/archive/2-ForTheBlues/

I highly recommend them to anyone who might be interested.  Folks like Dick Waterman, Henry Townsend, Honeyboy Edwards and Sam Charters.  Very good stuff.

revmac

Re: Radio Interviews of Blues Personalities
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 12:43:52 PM »
Hey!  We're from Madison!!!!!!!!  I met my husband on state street one weekend night and we have been married 15 years ever since!   8)

Hey.....what do you think of the live musicians down there?  Who is the delta guy with the long mustache that plays on state street?  How about Art Paul Schloesser.  Not blues, but ever heard him?

In fact, when I first met my husband, he was outside of Shakti listening to guitarist Jim.  (Big long beard).  I sat down on the bench and listened to.  Then we talked and......yeah.... 

You have GOT to come to Grafton's Paramount Blues Festival www.graftonblues.org

revmac

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal