collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Life has surface noise! - British DJ John Peel

Author Topic: George Paulus Blues collection  (Read 1060 times)

Offline btasoundsradio

• the artist formerly known as powerlinehorizon
    • BTA Sounds Radio: Podcast of Obscure Musics
George Paulus Blues collection
« on: September 30, 2015, 09:34:51 AM »
[url]http://www.chicagobluesking.com//url]
"Nobody has been able to pick through the life long collection of
RARE blues / pre war / delta / hillbilly / gospel / acetates and so on.

The catalog is now available and ready for viewing or download. See links below.
At this time we are considering offers on the ENTIRE collection.
We were a bit delayed in getting this all up and running for reasons i'm sure anyone can understand. This is a once in a lifetime collection that took us a long time to catalog, among dealing with the grief of losing someone so unique and important to us. The website for this is pretty minimal but the collection should speak for itself. It's a legendary find."
Charlie is the Father, Son is the Son, Willie is the Holy Ghost

Offline tinpanallygurl

• Howdy!
Re: George Paulus Blues collection
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 02:16:37 PM »
I wonder if anyone ever feels like a pimp marketing this.  Lets let everyone not involved in any way shape or form during the making of this magical music be the ones who profit from it.  The musician is the poor prostitute that never see the spoils of their work.  The rest a series of white people who have created a cottage industry repackaging this amazing music, often at stupid high prices for doing so very little.  Can't help but hope no one offers a dime for this, for Macks, or any ones else's collection and research.  Ayn Rand would be proud of what has become of prewar country blues.

Offline wreid75

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 06:27:34 AM »
Holy Crap Gurl!  Midol is a wonderful product, its worth a look.

Offline Mike Billo

• Howdy!
    • Mike Billo
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 04:04:45 PM »

So, it would somehow, be better for these records to be lost forever and the artist's music vanish from the face of the earth?
I don't think so.

I'm grateful for the existence of the collectors who have rescued these records 

It's like calling the Louvre, "pimps" because they're displaying art, they themselves did not create and they're not tracking down Rembrandt's, 20 generations removed, "heirs" to give them money

Offline jrn

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 05:09:04 PM »
Yeah, I don't know what all that was about!
Quitman, Mississippi

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 05:55:44 PM »
Holy Crap Gurl!  Midol is a wonderful product, its worth a look.

Um, unless this is a joke between friends, it's out of line.

Offline wreid75

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 11:01:51 PM »
Um, unless this is a joke between friends, it's out of line.

Well it was a joke among friends, but also accurate; it is that time of the month (dont freak she watched me type it.)  That aside I fall in the middle of tinpanally and mike billo.  Collectors have saved a wonderful form of music and many have made their found music and research available without trying to sell a $400 box set.  Others have been finding ways to make serious money from these records.  Most aren't getting rich off of it but are not giving away research and records that they discovered.  If the decedents received a cut every time any money was made from their ancestors music then great, but that isn't happening.  The Louvre and other museums charge a modest fee for their operations and sometimes to buy works of art.  That isn't what Steve Levere and Jack White among others are doing.  While some are profiting from other peoples music and life stories still a few others have thought to be lost and never heard records (my own eyes verified on one occasion) and priceless research collecting dirt in piles of notes and discover or on shelves "waiting on god knows what and won't release."

At the end of the day I am a capitalist through and through so Steve and Jack milk it for all its worth. >:D

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 09:01:33 AM »
ok, thanks for clarifying.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal