collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein

Author Topic: Tapatalk problems  (Read 4720 times)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: Tapatalk problems
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2020, 12:41:39 PM »
Hi Prof,  I upgraded the forum recently and as part of security it required folks to re-login.  My best guess - this has apparently confused Tapatalk.  You might first try deleting your Tapatalk cookies, and then try to login into tapatalk again.

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2020, 03:13:29 AM »
Sadly that hasn't worked. I've also logged out and back in on the WC page on my computer and have deleted the Tapatalk app on my iPad and then reinstalled it. The error message I get on the iPad reads:System Message. Sever error occurred.' Call to undefined function get_auth_secret() (Subs-Auth.php:129)'
All my other forums work fine on Tapatalk, it's just WC that has problems.

Offline harriet

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2020, 08:30:31 AM »
That may be the known error referred to in the thread below - this thread says other forums have reported broken logins...
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/update-to-smf-2-0-16-breaks-tapatalk-login-t44584.html

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2020, 10:15:33 AM »
Thanks for researching Harriet!  That would be the problem as I upgraded to version 2.16 (and then 2.17).  Hopefully Tapatalk will fix the compatibility issue soon.   

Offline harriet

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2020, 02:16:17 PM »
You're welcome Slack, I copied and pasted the error message that Professor Scratchy posted.

Just to add, it goes without saying I hope its corrected soon for tapatalk users. I've found copying and pasting an error message brings up threads with other users suffering the same problem quickly.

Best,
Harriet
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 03:52:00 PM by harriet »

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2020, 06:15:02 PM »
Professor, I've installed a new Tapatalk plugin.  Please give it a try now.  Lemme know!

Offline David Kaatz

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2020, 01:39:29 PM »
Slack, I tried last night a couple times - clicking on Tapatalk notification of a new post in Weenie Cambell, I get this error - see attached file.
I was getting an error before you made a change, but I think it was the same that Harriet and Prof posted about.

Dave

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2020, 02:48:25 PM »
OK Tapatalk folks, I have some bad news.  This is going to be difficult for me to fix since SMF removed Tapatalk from their list of approved mods.  This is where I would get the install code parsed so I could either install or remove manually.  SMF no longer recommends Tapatalk (see below).

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

SMF Hero
        View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Having Trouble Uninstalling a Package
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 11:42:39 AM »

Tapatalk was removed from the mod site some time ago because it's caused problems for SMF forums and is not recommended, primarily for security reasons.  .....
======
So, since we try to keep up with the latest versions of SMF For security reasons, I have decided to remove it from the site.  The site can still be accessed through your mobile device, just not as nifty.  Sorry and thanks.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2020, 03:36:02 PM »
Bummer. I don't use it but I know several contributors do.

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2020, 02:45:16 AM »
Vexing.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2020, 08:22:46 AM »
Bummer. I don't use it but I know several contributors do.

The only option is to do a clean install of the forum... which means re-doing all mods and the customizations we've made.  A daunting task.  We may need to do this at some point, but IMO, tapatalk is not worth it.

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2020, 11:34:30 AM »
I was hoping it would be just a question of rolling back to the point in time just before what you did to make it not work any more! Things are never that simple though. I still have Stefan Grossman’s forum on Tapatalk, and Michael Messer, and Blindman’s Blues, and Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum - but none of these can hold a candle to WeenieCampbell, which I’ll miss on my mobile phone.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2020, 01:49:01 PM »
I know Professor, sorry.  The SMF forum is most of the site (along with MediaWiki (weeniepedia), a separate piece of software)... so the security of the SMF forum comes first.... it's not an easy task.  Rivers has installed a lot of additional software on the back end to protect us from bots and other malicious software.  I was surprised to find the SMF folks had taken Tapatalk off their support site and can no longer recommend it -- being a long time user of SMF, I trust their judgement.

Offline alyoung

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2020, 04:07:00 AM »
It's unfortunate that technology is screwing some Weenies around ... but I have to say I won't miss those pompous little adds to each TT post, along the lines of "sent on my iPhone using Tapatalk". The number of times I've had to resist saying "sent on my aged computer using my left and right index fingers" ...

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2020, 08:45:37 AM »
I hear you, Al. In the early 90s I read an article with the title, "When an upgrade is a downgrade." I can't remember where I read it, but it ended with the line (I paraphrase), "We're all beta testers now. Get used to it."

Truer words were never spoken.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal