collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Boy, everybody's bin asking me one damn thing or another. I'll sing you something from that record when I get out there. You're here to hear me sing, ain't ya? - Lightnin' Hopkins responds to a young Alan Balfour's request to sign an album sleeve

Author Topic: Give it Up Buddy - Tampa Red  (Read 879 times)

Offline slideaway

Give it Up Buddy - Tampa Red
« on: May 20, 2013, 01:01:31 AM »
all this talk of kazoos has made want to start gettin down to learning/playin 'em .. finally rigged up a rack thingy .. thought i would try it out on a tune I am working on, still new and rough, but thats how ya like them 'round here? , I don't think anyone has covered it and uploaded it on to the net to my knowledge!

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
Re: Give it Up Buddy - Tampa Red
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 01:46:45 PM »
I liked that . Nice swing to it. Driven by music rather than "correct" playing (not that the playing wasn't correct). The Kazoo is slammin'!  And that's a beautiful guitar. What make is it?
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Offline slideaway

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 06:02:19 PM »
thank you kindly Mr. O'Muck! :)
the reso is a 'Donmo', made by local luthier (and muso) Don Morrison here in Adelaide, Australia .. its a 'galv' model, which just means body made from galvinised steel from hardware store .. he has only made around 300 guitars, in 13 years or so .. one man boutique operation .

Offline koenjacobs1987

• Howdy!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 05:49:44 AM »
hey,
could you help me with the chords of this song?
This it what I got so far

G - Eb - G - Eb - D - D - G - G
Repeat

B - B -  ?  - G 

The last part I get confessed.....  Maybe its a Gb chord ore Gdim?

Offline ArthurBlake

• I laid him out cold, with his heels in a tub.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 09:55:36 PM »
thank you kindly Mr. O'Muck! :)
the reso is a 'Donmo', made by local luthier (and muso) Don Morrison here in Adelaide, Australia .. its a 'galv' model, which just means body made from galvinised steel from hardware store .. he has only made around 300 guitars, in 13 years or so .. one man boutique operation .
Hey mate great to see a fellow Aussie on here, I don't know who the other Aussies are here but I am sure there are more, great to see Weenie getting fair dinkum. Yeah I like the song too. I am a long long way from Adelaide though, just north of Sydney so we can only talk blues not AFL as I only know NRL..... :)
I met a woman she was a pigmeat some
Big fat mouth, I followed her home
She pulled a gun and broke my jaw
Didnt leave me hard on, I didnt get sore

Tags: Tampa Red 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal