collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
She runs a weenie stand, way out in no man's land, oh boy, that's where my money goes - Riley Puckett, Nobody's Business

Author Topic: Help re; Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring?  (Read 654 times)

Offline Pinto

• ~
Help re; Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring?
« on: December 01, 2015, 07:48:55 PM »
Hi everyone!

I'm a beginner mandolin player with about 4 months of lessons under my belt.

My teacher would love me to learn Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, the original Bach composure. To be funny, he handed me the song with guitar tablature instead of Mandolin.

I am brand new and reading music is still quite difficult, so I attempted to tab it out myself. Somewhere along the middle of the piece, it sounds totally off. I used Tabledit to tab it again, still off. I used Tabledit's conversion feature to change a guitar tab I found of the piece INTO mandolin tab and it still didn't sound right. ):

Would anyone be willing to help? Here is the music I use. Around measure 42 it starts to sound weird when I'm playing it and resolves around measure 52.

Am I just not used to a key change or something? I don't play the double stops yet because I'm still learning, but it hasn't made the song sound weird up until that measure. My teacher agreed but I'm wondering if he's just confused as to what composure he actually gave me.

Bless anyone willing to lend an ear and help me out!

Tags: mandolin 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal