collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I sing city blues... My style of singing has nothing to do with the part of the country I come from. It comes from my soul within. The heartaches and the things that have happened to me in my life - that's what makes a good blues singer - Lonnie Johnson, from Giles Oakley's The Devil's Music, BBC

Author Topic: Brownie McGhee  (Read 1708 times)

Offline NotRevGDavis

• "Hat on a cabbage head- I've never seen before"
Brownie McGhee
« on: March 04, 2005, 08:16:32 AM »
Good Morning,
I'm looking for a Brownie McGhee disc, I have a lot of Brownie McGhee and Sonny Terry and now I'm looking for something solo that includes "Me and My Dog Blues". I don't have any of Sony's re-issues so I'm wondering if  "The Complete Brownie McGhee" is a good choice or if someone could point me in the right direction for a different CD?
Thanks,
Gary
Got the name, still workin' on the licks!

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
Re: Brownie McGhee
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 09:32:34 AM »
Me and My Dog Blues is on the Sony set.  Expect the usual from Sony:  good liner notes, clean but unspectacular sound.  There's also a JSP box available that contains the complete (or almost complete - I haven't actually checked) works of both Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee through 1948.  Twice the music for just about twice the price.  Expect the usual from JSP.  I haven't heard this so I can't compare the sound of the two sets.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal