collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left - Oscar Levant, as quoted in On the 8th Day — God Laughed (1995) by Gene Perret, p. 95

Author Topic: 12 string guitars nut width for fingerpicking  (Read 7766 times)

Offline Ron Mack

Re: 12 string guitars nut width for fingerpicking
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 11:31:42 AM »
I think the peghead design is for better tuning.  At least that's what Seagull claims.  I will say that it stays in tune better than any 12 I have had other than my Gallagher 12 string.  It's
hard to compete with a Gallagher, however.

Thanks, Joe

Thats very interesting Joe, Thanks
Ron

Offline Ron Mack

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 01:08:00 PM »
I just took a good look at a12 string seagull on craigslist, and It doesn't look bad. It looks better than the peghead on the Seagull 6 string probably because the 12 string peghead is a lot bigger than the 6.

Ron

Offline LB

• Ga
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 05:18:33 AM »
The tone would be the make or break detail for me. Even over the exact nut width. Your hand will get used to almost anything within reason. I could also get over the peg head if I liked the guitar playability and tone enough. However, I'm of the opinion you really need to take your time and get the right 12 string for your ear, or you wont ever be happy beyond the initial honeymoon. For me laying a bottleneck slide on them often tells the truth. They either sound fat and rich or like broken glass on the pavement. One thing I like about the brands you mention is the slight lack of sustain and some funk to the tone. Although I would hate to get real attached to a guitar that might not last.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal