Country Blues > Down the Dirt Road

Matchbox Blues

<< < (2/3) > >>

uncle bud:
Oh and yes, it has guitar tunes on it (including Matchbox). But Yank recorded guitar material prewar as well.

lindy:

Mucho Gracias, that is the photo of Yank that I remember on the CD cover.

So that CD it is a complete reissue of the Blue Goose material, eh? Cool. But I think at $58, I'll wait until the Japanese come out with their own version at $28.

This raises another question: a couple of years back someone performed the wonderful task of collecting names of CDs to pass on to the PTCBW vendor for ordering. Was that worth the effort? I can think of a lot of CDs that we've discussed on this board over the past year that I'd love to get my hands on, the first one being Dan Pickett. I'm sure I can get it elsewhere, but it's always good to know that Centrum is getting a cut of my CD cash.

Lindy

GhostRider:

--- Quote from: lindy on June 06, 2008, 02:47:36 PM ---This raises another question: a couple of years back someone performed the wonderful task of collecting names of CDs to pass on to the PTCBW vendor for ordering. Was that worth the effort? I can think of a lot of CDs that we've discussed on this board over the past year that I'd love to get my hands on, the first one being Dan Pickett. I'm sure I can get it elsewhere, but it's always good to know that Centrum is getting a cut of my CD cash.

--- End quote ---

I got the Document Funny Papa Smith that way and boy, I'm glad I did. Was worth it for me. I doubt Centrum gets a cut though.

Alex

Stuart:

--- Quote from: Parlor Picker on June 06, 2008, 01:28:49 AM ---The original Blues Goose LPs have now become collector's items and seem to sell for big money.
--- End quote ---

This puts me in kind of a reverse take of an episode of Don Martin's "Mr. Fonebone." I started out just buying records of music that I enjoyed and ultimately ended up being hailed as a financial genius for investing in vinyl futures.

Let the bidding begin!

Mr.OMuck:
Speaking of which, next January 31st I want to see a little more holiday spirit for National Gorilla Suit Day!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version