collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Tin Pan Alley, baby, must be your home, when it ain't nothin' down there, honey, but blood and bones - Curtis Jones, Tin Pan Alley

Author Topic: Paul Geremia and Ari Eisinger in Lancaster, PA  (Read 1555 times)

Offline onewent

• Mr. So and So
    • vintagebluesguitars.com
Paul Geremia and Ari Eisinger in Lancaster, PA
« on: February 14, 2011, 02:11:09 PM »
In keeping with some of the thoughts here to get the country blues from the beer hall to the concert hall, I?m happy to announce an exciting country blues show in beautiful downtown Lancaster, PA, March 10th, featuring Paul Geremia and Ari Eisinger.  Both conjure the sounds heard on the old 78s, and both are stellar players on 6 and 12-string guitars.  The show will be held in the recently constructed Steinman Hall, formerly PA Academy of Music, now part of Millersville U.  A note about the hall:
This state-of-the-art auditorium was designed by Dr. Cyril Harris, a world-renowned acoustician whose credits include the Metropolitan Opera House, Lincoln Center, New York, as well as the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. Plush auditorium-style seating allows 364 guests to comfortably enjoy a concert in a perfect pitch facility or clearly hear every word of your keynote speaker.
Come on out!
Tom

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
Re: Paul Geremia and Ari Eisinger in Lancaster, PA
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 02:38:33 PM »
hoo boy!  Imma try to go to this one!

Offline onewent

• Mr. So and So
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 04:35:57 PM »
Courtesy reminder that this show is next week!  Great players, great hall, great music..all in beautiful downtown Lancaster, PA!  Tom

Offline LB

• Ga
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 06:21:11 AM »
Wow what a treat. My eyes would be stuck in the open position watching those guys play. Those two on my bucket list for sure to see.

Offline onewent

• Mr. So and So
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 03:14:54 PM »
The show was great..Paul and Ari each did about a 50 min set with a break in between to sell their wares.  Well-attended, and a receptive audience was icing on the cake.  The ticket instructed 'no video or recording', but we hung out with Paul and Ari at my friend's house for a few days and they both graciously agreed to demo a guitar, so here are a few clips of some casual playing by two greats.

One thing I learned about Paul (he has a vast knowledge of music) is that he was a friend of Tim Hardins.  I found this out when I heard him noodling the guitar phrases from Don't Make Promises. Upon my IDing the song, he proceeded to teach it to me .. not blues, but a cool nostalgia thing for me.

Any weenies attend?  Enjoy the videos..Tom

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 03:15:55 PM by onewent »

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 04:37:44 PM »
Thanks for that, Tom. Fun to see Paul playing that Farewell Street Rag. Always enjoyed that instrumental of his. And fun to see Ari play anything.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 04:58:18 PM »
Yes, thanks, Tom.  I would love to have made it to the concert, but in the absence of that it's really nice to see the videos you posted.  I've always loved Lancaster.  When I was a kid growing up in Chester County we'd get over there periodically and go to the farmer's market.  What a treat!
All best,
Johnm

Offline CF

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 06:22:12 PM »
I really enjoyed both of those performances.
I've been meaning to work on my 'A' position playing & seeing that vid of Ari was inspiring!
Stand By If You Wanna Hear It Again . . .

Offline onewent

• Mr. So and So
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 07:09:28 AM »
..thanks for the comments, folks..

johnm..didn't realize that you were a local boy!  ..lots of good farm markets still around, and many farmers into the 'buy organic local/free-range' thing.  Do you miss the fresh corn-on-the-cob and cantaloupes in the summer?  If you get back this way, stop in!  Tom

Offline sustaireblues

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 07:13:05 AM »
Wow! What a treat!

Joe

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal