collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Folk styles tend to be conservative and one doesn't have to move the earth in order to express oneself within a tradition. A little personal innovation goes a long way in this music and one needn't go overboard in the direction of technical virtuosity, self-consciously weird harmonic effects, or jazz-inspired no-holds-barred improvisations on the theme... - Art Rosenbaum, Old-Time Mountain Banjo

Author Topic: The Yellow Dog Blues - Support our challenge?!  (Read 1772 times)

Offline unezrider

Re: The Yellow Dog Blues - Support our challenge?!
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 09:25:28 AM »
that was really great, guys! loved it!
"Be good, & you will be lonesome." -Mark Twain

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 01:37:15 PM »
Wow, trans-atlantic collaboration!, absolutely loved this -- very relaxed, superb timing! 

Offline Kokomo O

• Howdy!
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 09:01:09 AM »
Great stuff, once again. Guitar's sounding great, there's nothing like 12-string slide. And Laura, your vocal nails it, evoking the period without being a slavish imitation of anyone, except maybe yourself.

You guys ought to put together one of those Bandcamp albums like Frankie has done.

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 10:18:12 AM »
http://www.studio360.org/story/1914-blues-challenge-marc-anthony-thompson-picks-winners/

I was really happy with what we submitted, even if it seemed to not make a dent in the consciousness of the judge (or the editors, for that matter). Thanks everyone for the support!

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 03:50:55 AM »
You clearly weren't psychedelic enough. Anyway, never trust the judgement of someone who writes 'My criteria was....etc'.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Tapatalk

Offline Gumbo

• So Papa climbed up on top of the house
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 04:09:43 PM »
http://www.studio360.org/story/1914-blues-challenge-marc-anthony-thompson-picks-winners/

I was really happy with what we submitted, even if it seemed to not make a dent in the consciousness of the judge (or the editors, for that matter). Thanks everyone for the support!

[feisty]that's a consciousness that would be hard to dent. I love the comment on the article link!! [/feisty]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal