collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
John had recently flown for the first time and did not like it at all. Pat Sky tried to reassure him, saying it was a pretty safe means of transport and adding, "Anyway, when it's your time to go, it's your time to go." John thought a while and answered, "Yeah, but what if you're on the plane and it's the pilot's time to go?" - from Phil Ratcliffe's Biography of Mississippi John Hurt

Author Topic: The Grove, Leeds  (Read 1365 times)

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
The Grove, Leeds
« on: October 20, 2007, 03:05:55 AM »
For those of you in t'north, I'll be playing a gig at the Grove Inn in Leeds on Monday 22nd October along with a great harp player, Dave Hyde. So, if you fancy an evening of old-style blues, please come down.

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
Re: The Grove, Leeds
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 09:54:56 AM »
Nice to see the Grove is still putting on blues gigs. I saw Steve Phillips last week and we were reminiscing about the good old days at the Grove.

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 01:59:16 AM »
Prof.,
The Grove continues its long tradition by putting on an open mic (but there isn't one & it's not needed) the 1st Monday of every month and a gig every 3rd Month. These great evenings are run by Steve who has done this since around 2000. There is music every other night of the week in some form or other (mainly folk).

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 04:09:37 AM »
A bit far to travel perchance, so have fun :)

Whilst I think of it are you Swindon (Joliet's UK equivalent!) bound mid November  :-\ I have booked to get off of here for a break  :-X
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal