collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Sent for you yesterday baby, here you come pokin' up here today. Babe I didn't think you'd treat your daddy this-a-way - Charley Jordan, Two Street Blues

Author Topic: Member Map!  (Read 43177 times)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: Member Map!
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2005, 07:56:48 AM »
Slack,
Themap does not seem to be working this evening. Or is it just my machine,

Boots I upgraded some of our software last night - including re-installing the Member Map - but still no go - so dunno what the problem could be.  I wonder if we broke it when we made the move to the new host?  In any case, it may be out of commission ofr awhile.

Thanks,
slack

boots

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2005, 02:53:47 PM »
OK. I'll keep watching, :)

David

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2005, 09:11:11 PM »
I have searched, but have not been able to locate the map.  Can someone give me some direction?

I was wanting to add a pin from far western Kentucky.

boots

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2005, 01:02:58 AM »
Hi! David,
Slack took the Member map down as it was troublesome. We're waiting to see if the programmers are going to do an update.

Boots

David

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2005, 06:56:52 PM »
Hi! David,
Slack took the Member map down as it was troublesome. We're waiting to see if the programmers are going to do an update.

Boots

I got all excited.  I was hoping the map with my pin in it would be like a blues S.O.S. and some other blues fan might find me stranded out here in the pop country ocean.

I keep the flares dry and keep looking for signs of repair.

chipmonk doug

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2005, 04:44:55 AM »
well where does your pin go David?

boots

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2005, 11:49:16 AM »
well where does your pin go David?

In the nicest possible way.  :P

David

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2005, 01:49:07 PM »
Between Smithland and Ledbetter, just a across the river from Possum Trot.

I'm eight miles east of Paducah, Kentucky, which is the only town in this far western end you may have heard of.  Smithland does show up on most maps since its a county seat, but with a population of less than 500 it doesn't show up very well.

For the most part I really like living in a place no one ever heard of; but its a real bummer trying to find anyone interested in playing blues around here.

boots

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2005, 02:08:31 PM »
Wow! Is that quiet. I reckon I can probably see 500 people from my window in Hackney, East London.

Boots

David

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2005, 09:22:27 PM »
I guess quiet is relative.  The road in front of my farm runs between Smithland and Paducah and I can hear traffic from it all the way to the back of the farm. 

This morning (Sunday) I tried to get a recording of the dry flies (Cicadas) and the birds.  I was wanting about four to five minutes of clean tape for a project I have in the works.  My rather primitive recording equipment is in a home-made cabinent out at the shop.  I just sat the mic on the window sill and pushed "record."

Seemed like two or three cars would pass by every time I'd get close to having what I wanted.  Too much noise for my taste!

chipmonk doug

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2005, 03:41:02 AM »
Well I'm in the wrong area, but similar size area.  My nearest town is Bell, FL. and it's 300 or so people and I'm 4 miles out of town.

David

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2005, 10:14:08 AM »
it's 300 or so people and I'm 4 miles out of town.

That's about the right combination.  Towns are great places to visit, but not too often.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2005, 01:38:29 PM »
OK Folks,

Here is an alternative to our old Member Map that I think is pretty cool (thanks Rivers for keeping the eagle eye out).  My suggestion for filling in the name and picture fields is to use the same login name and Avatar that you use here.  You can subscribe to "Frapper Maps" and get an email everytime someone posts a new pin.  Give it a try:

http://www.risingconcepts.com/frapper/weeniecampbell

Cheers,
slack

chipmonk doug

« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2005, 03:36:34 AM »
I'm in but you might put a notice in the main for folks who don't read here.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2005, 07:01:56 AM »
Hi Doug, whuddaya mean they don;t read here?!  :P

I added a front page graphic, left column, for the Member Map -- I think most folks will eventually come across it there.

Thanks,
slack

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal