collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
We used to go to different people's houses, you know. In those days I mean they could hear music and - if somebody could play an instrument, man, they would get up at night, from one o'clock; and they'd fix food and they'd have drinks and they'd stay up till five, six o'clock in the morning and give you money. It wasn't a dance but a serenade; we'd go from house to house. In those days there wasn't too much things like juke boxes, high fidelity sound, wasn't nothing like that then; and whenever somebody could play and could play well, he was considered as somebody; he could go anywhere and he had it made, you know? - Baby Doo Caston, on playing music in Natchez in the 1920s, interview with Jeff Todd Titon

Author Topic: Earls Court Breakdown  (Read 1966 times)

Offline SteveMcBill

• This too shall pass! So grab it while you can!
    • Steve Mc's Acoustic Guitar
Earls Court Breakdown
« on: December 30, 2004, 09:23:37 AM »
Hi Weenies,

8th tune up - this is a composition by Alan Tunbridge from the early 1960's which was played by Ralph McTell during his time in Cornwall before he 'made it big' (by the way, has anybody checked out Ralph's roots CDs "Stealin' Back", "Black Skies and Blue Heroes" and "National Treasure" ?? They show Ralph off as being a decent blues and ragtimer.).

This tune is my own arrangement of the song taken from a bootleg tape of a Ralph session in a pub in Crewe, Cheshire in the late 1960's.  It represents the way Ian Jesse and myself played it in the early 1980s and was recorded at that time.  Me on a Dinsdale 6-string and Ian Jesse on vocals and clarinet.  Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers, take care, and keep on pluckin'.

Steve J. McWilliam
http://www.stevemcwilliam.co.uk/guitar/tab.htm
http://www.stevemcwilliam.co.uk/guitar/friendstab.htm

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal