collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
They measure your boiler, measure your wheat, half a pound of sugar for a person to eat. Folks don't like it, they blamed Uncle Sam. You got to save your sugar for the boys in France - Blind Willie Johnson, When The War Was On

Author Topic: First Video on Weeniecampbell!! Mance's "Cherry Ball Blues"  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Blue in VT

• Howdy!
First Video on Weeniecampbell!! Mance's "Cherry Ball Blues"
« on: April 21, 2010, 12:40:01 PM »
 :D :D

Howdy all!

I got one of those new Pocket Camcorders for my birthday...the kodak Zi8...and it takes wonderful video and decent sound too.  Here is my version of Mance's Cherry Ball Blues or Shake shake mama...played on my 1970's Harmony 6362.  The video gets a little bounce because I'm apparently tapping my feet a little too vigorously....sorry about that. Also my voice is a little rough at the beginning (spring cold) but smooths out as things proceed...notice I didn't say "improves"... :P

Cheers,

Blue
Blue in VT

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
Re: First Video on Weeniecampbell!! Mance's "Cherry Ball Blues"
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 02:05:20 PM »
Nicely done! It's extra pressure with camera going, worse than an audience I feel.

I do think you are being a little tentative with the thumb this time round and could go for it a bit more, this would give a firmer base for the vocals too.

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 03:05:18 PM »
Happy Birthday then! :)

A very nice job for a first video, I must say!

You have a solid time and don't speed up, even with the vocals. You are getting to be some sort of a Lipscomb expert too. You do make good use of that old Harmony.

Keep up the good work

Pan

Offline Blue in VT

• Howdy!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 06:45:09 AM »
 :D

Thanks for the great feedback guys!

Blue
Blue in VT

Tags: Mance Lipscomb 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal