Country Blues > Performance Corner

Orb Mellon's Sloppy myspace site

(1/2) > >>

Orb Mellon:
High All,

I've uploaded some quickly executed tunes on my new myspace site.

Technology is fun!

www.myspace.com/orbmellon

Parlor Picker:
Well I have really enjoyed listening to these tracks and have recommended them to a few friends.  Anybody who likes Son House and the Clash has to be a good guy in my book.

It's also fascinating following links to some of the other individuals and bands on the MySpace site.  Some good and some not-so-good.  Neil Harpe's daughter, Erin, is a fine fingerpicker and singer.  It's worth checking out her MySpace page (www.myspace.com/erinharpe).

People like Charley Patton and Blind Willie McTell also have pages, clearly having a link from heaven to cyberspace.

uncle bud:
I like the droning quality, one chord kind of stuff. Hard to keep a listener's interest unless it's real. Nice job, Orb.

Erin Harpe sounds fabulous as well.

Patton and McTell signed up for myspace, eh? I guess Rupert Murdoch owns everybody...

Orb Mellon:
Thanks for the listens guys!

Also, much thanks for the Erin Harpe mention. I checked her out and she is quite good. Given her dad's penchant for Stellas I'll bet she doesn't play a Taylor either.

Parlor Picker:

--- Quote from: Orb Mellon on June 15, 2006, 10:07:22 AM ---Given her dad's penchant for Stellas I'll bet she doesn't play a Taylor either.

--- End quote ---

I bet she plays a big square dreadnought with a really thick, shiny finish and a narrow neck with a really low action...  no, maybe not.  I did congratulate Neil on his great parenting, turning out a daughter with good acoustic picking skills.  My two daughters don't play (although one was good on piano at about the age of 8 or 9 and then packed in) and my son is a scratch DJ - say no more.

Let us know when you add some more mellonious music, Orb.  Do you do stuff on acoustic (as opposed to resophonic) guitar?  It would be interesting to hear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version