collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Hello heaven, daddy wants to use your telephone... So you can call good daddy anytime when he's gone - Papa Harvey Hull & Long Cleve Reed, France Blues

Linked Events

• Dobro Intensive July 10-13 : July 10, 2008 - July 13, 2008

Author Topic: Dobro Intensive July 10-13 at Fort Worden  (Read 3271 times)

Offline orvillej

• Bama-Lama Bama-Loo- Little Richard
    • orvillejohnson.com
Dobro Intensive July 10-13 at Fort Worden
« on: March 09, 2008, 06:39:33 PM »
I want to let you all know about the upcoming Dobro Intensive weekend that is part of the Port Townsend Slide & Steel Workshop that I am curating. It takes place this July 10-13 in Port Townsend WA. I think we have a great group of instructors. Michael Witcher is handling the bluegrass stuff, Mike Neer will lead a class focused on the 30s/swing/Hawaiian jazz styles, and Don Rooke from the Canadian band The Henrys will be talking about composing original music using the slide guitar and showing the unique tuning he uses.

I hope dobroists interested in expanding their horizons in all these directions will come and I've designed a class schedule that will let you work with all the instructors over the term of the workshop. Attendance is limited to 24 students total so you won't find a better opportunity to work with these great teachers on a personal basis. For more details visit Centrum's website...

http://centrum.org/slide/

I'll be there all weekend as well helping out. We had a great initial Bottleneck Slide intensive at the end of January and i'm still working on a lap steel session for early October. Please let the dobro pickers you know in on this info and sign up soon. Hope to see you there.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 08:41:37 PM by Slack »

Offline orvillej

• Bama-Lama Bama-Loo- Little Richard
    • orvillejohnson.com
Re: Dobro Intensive July 10-13 at Fort Worden
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 10:51:59 PM »
A little bump...This event is coming up and we've got a few spots left for the curious dobroists among you. It's gonna be a great weekend for lap sliders so don't delay! See you there...oj

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
Re: Dobro Intensive July 10-13 at Fort Worden
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 09:21:00 AM »
OJ, I hear you are coming over to England for EBA week to teach as well... it should be fun  :D
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal