collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I think the guy is one of these interplanetary world musicians, the kind of person they talk about where the world is sound and everything is resonating. He's one of those guys. There's only a few - Ry Cooder on Blind Willie Johnson

Author Topic: Steve James workshop/Scott Ainslie workshop East Coast alert  (Read 1969 times)

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Steve James workshop/Scott Ainslie workshop East Coast alert
« on: January 25, 2005, 08:38:23 AM »
Webnash Productions (first I'd heard of them, over at IGS), in the NY/Mass. area near Albany, is having Steve James in to do a weekend workshop on meditation techniques, or was that roots and blues guitar... in March. Also Scott Ainslie in May.

http://webnash.com/schedule.html

If you're in that neck of the woods, you may want to consider this. It looks like a nice setup they've got going. Steve is a high energy teacher (just wear your slide on your pinky). I'd consider this myself but am trying to save some $$ and Steve will be at Port Townsend in August.

Offline Flatd7

• Pre War Blues, Country, Bluegrass & Gospel Music
Re: Steve James workshop/Scott Ainslie workshop East Coast alert
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 07:18:50 AM »
Mike Erkinen runs one of the best kept secrets in the acoustic music scene. Webnash is a great program that is unlike any other I have seen. Set in a quaint bed and breakfast on the NY/Mass border, it's three day program is tailored to intensive study, jamming, performance and quisine in an intimate setting.

The caretakers of this B&B are gifted musicvians themselves. The food is great. The rooms are very comfortable and the teachers are top notch.

Surprisingly, the STEVE JAMES WORKSHOP still has spots available. I find this very strange. Steve is among the best players or teachers in the genre. He is a walking encyclopdeia of Americanna.  Steve spent his youth chasing down musicians as varied as Sam McGee and Furry Lewis and learned all he could. It shows. A wonderful slide, finger style, mandolinist and vocalist.

He is also a very talented writer and teacher of blues, hillbilly, jug band, dixie land and any other kind of traditional folk music. His books and articles for Acoustic Guitar Magazine are among the best.

Sign up. You won't regret it. A weekend with Steve is a graduate course in guitar.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal