collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
It is absurd to have a hard and fast rule about what one should read and what one shouldn't. More than half of modern culture depends on what one shouldn't read. - Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Author Topic: forum Blues get together in Indianola Mississippi  (Read 1140 times)

didaman

forum Blues get together in Indianola Mississippi
« on: January 24, 2007, 07:31:26 AM »
Hello Folks, Just wanted to give you a heads up on a blues get together that is gathering a lot of steam on all Blues forums. The Boozenblues get together is a forum based initiative where members of these forums will have a chance to attend and or perform in one of the best of Delta blues settings, Club Ebony. This is a 4 day tribute to Mary Shepard and Club Ebony. Mary has been quite ill as of late and I felt it was time to pay hommage to a true Blues Patriot. Check out the site at www.boozenblues.com and let me know. There is still a lot of room for performers. The sooner you let me know the better.

Peace and Blues,
Andre Laberge
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 11:44:08 AM by didaman »

didaman

Re: forum Blues get together in Indianola Mississippi
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 05:53:12 AM »
Hello Folks,

Just wanted to give you all an update. I am getting a lot of requests from performers outside of this forum to be on the bill. As mentioned in an earlier post other than being principaly a tribute to Mary Shepard this is meant as a get together of forum folks performers as well as attendees. Before I continue putting on the bill performers from outside these forums I would like to give the chance to folks on this forum. It would be a shame not to have a large contingent of accoustic country blues, piedmont style, electric and so on from this forum. Some members have shown a keen interest but I want to make sure that everyone gets a chance before everything is booked up! Let me know by e-mail of your interest. The website has been updated and we even have a myspace page graciously put together with the help of a forum alumnus. For those of you undecided, remember this is for a great cause. It's going to be a howl!!! Thank you for those of you helping out. This thing is really taking off and I can feel the enthusiasm building.

Thanks again.

andre
www.boozenblues.com

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal