collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I had to sell my soul to the devil in order to learn to play like [Tommy Johnson]. Only the fellow who called himself the devil offered to teach me guitar in ten easy lessons, fifty dollars down and ten dollars per lesson. And he wasn't a man, exactly, but a transvestite who called himself "Peetie Wheatstraw's mother-in-law - Steve Calt, attributed to Shirley Griffith

Author Topic: Response time  (Read 730 times)

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Response time
« on: December 05, 2012, 07:28:04 PM »
Just checking, how's the response time for everyone out there?  ;)

We've made some small improvements behind the scenes. Mostly it's all upside, but there are potential downsides, enough said.

If anyone you know is having problems accessing weenie please ask them to post on the weenie Facebook site and we'll sort it out for them as a matter of high priority.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:29:38 PM by Rivers »

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
Re: Response time
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 07:05:50 AM »
Instant response time in Scotland. People with lower response times should consider moving here:)

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 04:43:25 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Professor, glad you're seeing some benefits over there.

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 05:26:00 PM »
Instant response time in Scotland. People with lower response times should consider moving here:)

Except ol' ferret head and laughingstock of the year, Donald Trump, of course.

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 06:05:52 PM »
FWIW, some time ago, might have been a week or so, I was having difficulties to open the site, receiving some kind of weird "the site is exceeding bandwith" error message. Since it appeared to be a temporary problem, I didn't report. Now everything works like a charm, at least here in Berlin! Many thanks for your work, guys!

Cheers

pan

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 08:57:16 PM »
Yes Pan, there were two temporary outages last month when we exceeded our bandwidth allowance for the month. Slack got us an extension both times to keep us on the air, and we spent a lot of time figuring out what had happened and identifying the root causes. It was a combination of self-inflicted configuration issues made worse by general random noise coming in from the internet.

After figuring that out we put several measures in place to allow the site to operate fully but use use far less bandwidth. One unexpected but very welcome outcome was that suddenly everything started to run a whole lot faster. The downside was we might inadvertently have locked-out some members. We certainly did have a couple of weenies who couldn't get in on day 1 for a couple of hours, but we think everyone is getting in OK now.

But there's always the possibility someone out there is not able to get in. Hence my post. If you hear of anyone being locked-out please ask them to post a message on the weenie Facebook page and we'll get them back on line right away.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 06:44:07 PM »
Just FYI, if you were, like me, trying to get in 24 hours or so ago and were getting frustrated by the intermittent long delays, it was caused by a dodgy connection to one of the servers that makes up the weenie campbell experience. Slack got the engineers out and we seem to be back in business, response time is great from where I'm sitting.

Offline Gumbo

• So Papa climbed up on top of the house
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 04:26:11 PM »
It used to be that the 'unread posts' link would only work for a little while after I logged in. The new replies would be listed for a while and then it was as if the list would refresh  and it would only show replies since I logged in.

Now I can work through the weekends posts at my leisure. Very cool. Thank you.  8)

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 04:30:30 PM »
We didn't do anything to fix it, and we don't know why that happens. It's a recurring mystery.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal