collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
You know if I don't go crazy, God knows, I believe I'"m gonna lose my mind. - Hammie Nixon, Yellow Yam Blues

Author Topic: Skip James - Cleaner Versions of Illinois Blues and What Am I To Do Blues?  (Read 4582 times)

Offline JohnLeePimp

To make it worse, as of 1955, Steiner owned the metal master of Willie Brown's Grandma Blues, but it was described as 'buckled'. Now it seems to be missing. >:(

Off topic, yet interesting...

Maybe it's not all that interesting to yous ... still, the dude who played it said he has it on an old cassette somewhere and I encouraged him to digitise it since y'know, it's willie brown
...so blue I shade a part of this town.

Offline Gumbo

• So Papa climbed up on top of the house
I was hoping someone more knowledgable would comment, since i thought that there were only two sides of Willie Brown found so far. I get the impression from the interview with the author of the new Son House book, Daniel Beaumont, that those two sides were based on Patton songs so it could be 'easy' enough to make up a song with that title and make it sound like Willie Brown (if you had the chops). I would have thought news would be prettty hard to contain if it was genuine!

So yes I'm intrigued .... what do you all think?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 05:59:09 AM by Gumbo »

Tags: Skip James 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal