collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
You know, folks, there's just seventeen of us kids. There's eight boys, seven girls, and two other children - Lonnie Glosson, Arkansas Hard Luck Blues

Author Topic: WeenieCampbell Needs You!  (Read 21836 times)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: WeenieCampbell Needs You!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 02:00:00 PM »
Dear Weenies, Weenettes and Other Dignitaries!

It is that hat passing time of year again!  Which, come to think of it, is one of the great things about WC - you only have to listen to me beg once a year.  :P

The overhead is low and I do recoup a few costs through Amazon and an occasional banner, but it is not enough to cover annual costs.  So I ask you once again to chip in a few bucks.... it does not take many feelings of guilt to cover the year.   :D

The same incentive plan as last year is still in effect, which I'll copy below.

Thanks!

=========================
Greetings Weenies and other Dignitaries,

Country Blues still doesn't pay, so it is time to make a little fund rasing effort.  I realize these are not the best of economic times, but some help is needed to offset the costs of operating the site.  

We do have new incentives and re-organized some old incentives.  Phil Hawkins has generously didgintized another 2-CD set from his 78 collection, this time of Rare and Unusual Post War Blues.  I will attach Phil's track listing and notes to this post.  We also have a 'new' Weenie Juke case sticker some of you may have missed.  The new incentive plan from the Donation Page: (the Weenie Fly Swatters are no more..)

---
Make any donation and I will send you a couple of coveted, hip and cool Weenie Juke Radio Stickers. Make a donation of $20 - $39 and you have a choice between two great 2-CD sets: pick either Rare and Unusual Pre War Country Blues OR Rare and Unusual Post War country blues. CD sets were generously donated by Phil Hawkins and digitized from his 78 record collection. A donation of $40 or more will bring you both sets, 4 CDs, 98 tracks in all!
---

Thank you all for your support and continued participation in WeenieCampbell!

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 08:38:37 PM »
My apologies to a number of you who have sent in donations.  I just discovered that Paypal has not been sending me email notifications of the donations, which I depend on in order to reply to you in a timely manner! (damn computers!)  So, apologies - I'll get caught up on my thank-you's and weenie paraphernalia mailings in the next few days!

Thanks!
Slack

Offline Stumblin

• Got the Blues, can't be satisfied
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 03:41:31 AM »
I just donated via Paypal, I hope you receive the notification in timely fashion.
Should it fail to arrive, I have the receipt number etc. and will send this information on request.
This is a great forum, it challenges both the mind and the pickin' fingers. Becoming a "kind of active" member has been very rewarding for me.

Offline frailer24

• Good Mornin', Judge
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 02:10:45 PM »
Is there any way to send a check or money order for those who don't trust online transactions?
That's all she wrote Mabel!

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2013, 02:40:40 PM »
You bet, my name and address is on the support page.

http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?page=page2441

Thank you!

Offline frailer24

• Good Mornin', Judge
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2013, 05:18:20 PM »
Thanks a ton, Slack!
That's all she wrote Mabel!

Offline Blues Vintage

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2022, 02:14:39 PM »
At the moderator;

I can't make a donation through PayPal. I get this message;  "The page of this organisation doesn't work"

Are the CD Sets still available when you make a donation? For Europe too?

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2022, 03:09:45 PM »
The CD sets are no longer available.  Sorry.  We did a number of promotions mostly to support Weenie Juke, which was our major expense at the time.  We do occasionally, maybe every few years, do a little fund raiser to help offset the hosting costs, but those are quite reasonable so it's not a big deal.  But you can keep an eye out, as that would be the time to pitch in a few bucks.  Thanks for your support and contributions!

Offline Blues Vintage

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2022, 02:05:38 PM »
Alright, my pleasure.

Tags: Square Walton 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal