collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I cut him with my Barlow, I kicked him in the side, I stood there laughing over him, while he wallowed 'round and died - Bessie Smith, Send Me To The 'Lectric Chair

Author Topic: New Song, Old Song a song who's time has gone and come...again.  (Read 3885 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: New Song, Old Song a song who's time has gone and come...again.
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 10:35:20 AM »
Really a nice job, O'Muck.  Your vocal delivery avoids the backwards righteousness songs of "the struggle" sometimes have inflicted upon them.  Just a throroughly enjoyable rendition all the way around.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 10:51:49 AM »
I'll chime in too -- just terrific, my favorite vocal of yours by far, subtleties throughout.  So much so, I wish the vocal were more up front.

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 12:29:02 PM »
Thanks Mike. I also am a sucker for "Strangest Dream'  as well as a bunch of other "message" songs of the kind I grew up listening to. And thanks you too JohnM. Your seal of approval is always much valued. But Slack, you've got me really confused! Here I've been battling this freakin' sinus infection for a month and now you tell me its actually improving my singing! Holy Shit! What do I do now? Continue trying to get over it, or let it kill me because my singing will be better along the way to the grave? ;) Anyway I'll take compliments anyway I can get them so thanks, I'm glad you dug it. Much appreciated all. And a Happy New Year to everyone!
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal