collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I ask that pawn shop man, "What's them three balls doin' hangin' on that wall?" (He) said, "It's two to one daddy, you don't get your things back out of here at all" - Blind Boy Fuller, Three Ball Blues

Author Topic: Yellow Bee Chords  (Read 705 times)

bayrum78

Yellow Bee Chords
« on: November 19, 2014, 05:44:04 PM »
Not sure if I got the chord progression right any help is appreciated

Yellow Bee

I hear  E(I) and A(IV) only  (I can't help but think Hernando sound/Garfield Akers, among others) . I think he plays  the A  major 7 note (G) and the blues A note flatted major note (Gb).   Again, not hearing  a B or B7  (V) chord  but  E chord inversions played in 3 different positions ( E, D and C chord shapes) in lieu of the B7 (V) chord.   

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Yellow Bee Chords
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 06:14:13 PM »
Hi Nate,
He starts each verse fretting the first and third strings at the fourth fret.  He comes out of the E at the base of the neck hitting a little line going from the open second string to the second fret of the third string, resolving to the first fret of the third string.  He doesn't sound like he's fingering a full A chord, instead just free-handing a little slide into the second fret of the second string then bending the third fret of the first string.  (Third verse he plays an A7:   0-0-2-2-2-3).  Otherwise, he slides up to the seventh fret of the fifth string in his E chord and hits the seventh fret of the first string while he bends the eighth fret of the second string.  He does hit a B7 for an instant a couple of times, doing a thumb drag-through from the second fret of the fifth string to the first fret of the fourth string.  He hits a B7 in the second verse and the third verse and the fifth verse.
All best,
Johnm

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal