collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Soft and easy, good and greasy, I'm a fool about my greasy greens - Pink Anderson, Greasy Greens

Author Topic: Blind Blake and Irene Scruggs -- "Married Man Blues"  (Read 1620 times)

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
Blind Blake and Irene Scruggs -- "Married Man Blues"
« on: September 25, 2011, 11:40:04 PM »
Anyone know the matrix number(s) for these two takes? I'm assuming somewhere in L-349 to L-352 based on B&GR but am curious. Also, does anyone know the story of where these came from? I seem to remember Tefteller's calendar just saying they were unreleased test pressings - it'd be interesting to know more.
Chris

Offline Blind Arthur

• Romancescam
Re: Blind Blake and Irene Scruggs -- "Married Man Blues"
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 02:19:31 AM »
I think I saw them in a Nauck?s VRA catalogue in ca. 2003 first, alongside the two Tommy Johnson test pressings and two of the "Hometown Skiffle" and others, blues and non blues related. I believe they are from a box of test pressings that was nearly abandonned in the Grafton area.
You canīt trust your baby when the ice man comes hanging around :D

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 02:41:08 PM »
Thanks -- always nice to know the story behind the find (or at least some of it)!

Offline Bed Bug Bill

• Howdy!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 02:13:46 PM »
Hi Banjochris..... John T. has a "thing" about Irene. He snatched a copy of Itching Heel from me.Other known copy was cracked to the centre. Mine was just distressed somewhat.Ireland via England.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal