collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
'Scuse my cough, I slept in a chicken house last night. - Jesse Fuller

Author Topic: Vineyard W'born  (Read 1238 times)

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
Vineyard W'born
« on: October 16, 2008, 04:00:37 AM »
Not long returned from a trip down to the south coast to see Parlour Picker and his new lap slide guitar.

This is a mahogany Weissenborn copy supplied by Vineyard and made in the same factory as the Goldtones. I was very impressed by the quality for the price, and also by the progress PP has made in his lap playing (not something I would do in public!). Perhaps PP could post a sound clip and his own impressions.

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
Re: Vineyard W'born
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 07:13:18 AM »
I was very impressed by the quality for the price, and also by the progress PP has made in his lap playing (not something I would do in public!). Perhaps PP could post a sound clip and his own impressions.

Thanks for the kind words, Phil.

1) Don't have recording facilities
2) Too modest (= scared in real terms) to post anything anyway
3) Need to practise a lot more
4) Still too scared...

These Vineyards allegedly come out of the same factory (in China) as the Gold Tone models, look virtually identical, but cost a fraction of the price.  I bought mine on eBay from a little shop in Oregon which shipped it over to the UK. If you order one though, insist they pack it in a stout box with polystyrene chippings or bubble wrap.  Mine arrived in perfect condition, despite only being in the case and wrapped in brown paper!  The postman was very amused delivering such a distinctively-shaped parcel - "I wonder what it is??" he smiled.

The actual guitar was about ?180 and the hardshell case about ?30.  The workmanship is surprisingly good (just a few minor blemishes inside the body) and it sounds very good (it has a solid mahogany top - and for all I know solid back and sides as well).

Edited to add picture of the said beast:

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 08:42:13 AM by Parlor Picker »
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal