collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
You know, they always did say a monkey had just as much sense as a human being - Booker White buys peanuts from a monkey in Bald Eagle Train

Author Topic: Honeboy Edwards article  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
Honeboy Edwards article
« on: April 20, 2009, 02:03:32 AM »
I saw this Clarksdale Press Register article on the Post War Blues group and thought some of you might be interested. It has Edwards reminiscing on his hoboing days.

http://www.pressregister.com/articles/2009/04/07/news/doc49da0f449a4e6777479767.txt

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
Re: Honeboy Edwards article
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 06:08:27 AM »
An interesting article in itself, but more so as there is mention of Honeyboy having our own Little George Sueref on his CD player.  Look up Little George - he's the real thing. 

I was first introduced to George about ten years ago when I was at a gig with Roger Hubbard, who was on the bill.  One of the bands on stage was Big Joe Louis & His Blues Kings, which featured George on harmonica.  Roger warned me to wait for Joe to give George a vocal.  This massive voice came from his small frame (hence the name) and filled the hall. It was a breathtaking experience.  Sueref's CD is well worth the money if you can find one. 

(As it's not country blues, I realise in some ways these comments belong in "Other Musical Interests", but this seemed like a logical progression in this thread, so I hope you'll bear with me. However, George's take on urban blues is decidedly downhome)
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal