collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The Bible's right, somebody's wrong. Ah mean, you are wrong - Sister O.M. Terrell, The Bible's Right

Author Topic: Any Hank Williams Fans?  (Read 1291 times)

Offline bluespreachercreighton

• Howdy!
Any Hank Williams Fans?
« on: April 28, 2019, 03:49:05 AM »
hi guys, I am sure many of you know who Hank Williams is. Are there any fans in this group?

Offline eric

Re: Any Hank Williams Fans?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 12:03:33 PM »
Well, there's at least one... There's lots of other lesser known but great country players from that era.  There are some pretty good contemporary ones as well, though they don't show up much on commercial radio.
--
Eric

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 01:59:57 AM »
Anyone who writes a song called "My Son Calls Another Man Daddy"  has to get a look in! I play a few Hank songs with my picking partner and, not knowing anything else, I use my country blues fingerpicking technique on that material. Our duo is called the "Minnesota Four", because my mandolin-picking friend is from that State and I don't count too well...
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline alyoung

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 02:57:28 AM »
Anyone who writes a song called "My Son Calls Another Man Daddy"  has to get a look in!
Not to mention "We're Getting closer to the Grave Each Day". (For some reason I think of that old line ... "Cheer up," they said. "It could be worse." So I cheered up, and sure enough, it got worse.)

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 12:13:24 PM »
Anyone who writes a song called "My Son Calls Another Man Daddy"  has to get a look in!

Hank didn't write it by himself. It's unclear what parts are attributable to whom, but it was co-written by Jewell House.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Son_Calls_Another_Man_Daddy

But that's trivia. I'm sure there are more than a few fans of Hank Williams here at WC. The site may be genre specific, but most of us aren't when it comes to what we listen to.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 06:55:46 PM »
Alan, yes indeed, I'd forgotten that one, must dig it up again.

OP, well of course a lot of us have studied up on Hank. Why would you even feel the need to ask? Jeesh!

Offline Bill Roggensack

• Not dead yet!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 03:37:15 PM »
I don?t post often, but this thread caught my eye. I will confess to being a Hank Williams fan for at least fifty years. Many of his songs are timeless and deeply poetic. I am in awe of his short, but incredibly productive career. Everyone needs a little Hank in their life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers,
FrontPage

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 07:47:27 AM »
Long time Hank Williams fan here... that's when Country Music was country music and not over produced rock and roll.  The little swing or rockabily groups I was in always seemed to include at least one Hank Williams tune. 

Offline Devils Son Inlaw

• Howdy!
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2021, 09:10:25 AM »
I love some Hank!!  I have a "Lost Highway" street sign.   ;D

Offline David Kaatz

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2021, 04:28:31 PM »
I'm down with Hank.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal