collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
You hear these songs, and they're incredibly moving. But when we talk about it as being raw or authentic, it discounts just how hard this stuff was to play and how musically sophisticated and innovative it was. There's a sense of almost remarginalizing it by talking about it as this primitive music that sprung up in the cotton fields, when in fact, it's incredibly skilled and impressive music - Amanda Petrusich, author of Do Not Sell at Any Price: The Wild, Obsessive Hunt for the World's Rarest 78 rpm Records

Author Topic: EBA 2006  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
EBA 2006
« on: August 12, 2006, 02:44:54 PM »
Just a few words to say that I have survived another enjoyable (in not tiring, could it be the odd drink?)  EBA week in typical Britsh overcast summer weather.

Not quite as many as last year, about 85 I think, but still lots of fun and brain frazzle, while still in the mood I'm' listening to an Ari cd as I type!

I hope our tutors from the US managed to get back without having to spend too many extra hours at Heathrow airport dur to the bomb scare thingy.

Thanks to all for coming and just for Mary, don't forget you now know what the voice of the juke looks like  :-X

Please add you comments and while I'm here I'll give another plug\reminder to those EBA memebers who threatened to come over to the WeenieFest in Guernsey next year...
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
Re: EBA 2006
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 04:14:19 AM »
Good to know you got back to your island in the sun Richard.

Another great Bluesweek. Michael Roach did a great job again with the line up, although we did miss Mr Miller greatly.

Also, I would like to use this opportunity to thank Mary Flower and Tom Ball for joining the and becoming "Boogie Boys" (the worst blues band on the planet) on the Thursday night, great fun, althought Richard tells me that the quality of the cardboard used for percussion was inferior this year.

Phil

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 12:00:17 PM »
No, I have to admit the cardboard snare wasn't as good as last years as the coefficient of friction was all wrong, but it takes purist to know these things ;)

However, Phil and I did talk of the grave possibility of doing a Port Townsend gig next year, if of course the rest of the band were up for it  :P 

Actually, the truth is we just can't wait to see Mary in that gross orange T-shirt again   >:D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 12:01:59 PM by Richard »
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 12:05:42 PM »
Hi all,
I'm just back from teaching at the BC Swing Camp this past week.  Thanks very much, Richard and Phil for the reports on the EBA Blues Week.  I missed seeing you and other friends I've been accustomed to reuniting with over there.  I'm sure a great time was had by all, though.
All best,
Johnm

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal