collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I'm a leftover from the sixties. Like someday you'll be a leftover from the nineties - Larry Johnson, to David JacobsStrain, Port Townsend 98

Author Topic: TAGS  (Read 758 times)

Offline NotRevGDavis

• "Hat on a cabbage head- I've never seen before"
TAGS
« on: June 07, 2013, 10:04:04 AM »
I thought I might throw out a request that when someone posts a topic that they could possibly add a TAG describing what the tuning is or if it a slide tune if it applies.
Is it possible to add a TAG if you didn't create the thread? I would be more than glad to add TAGs to threads that apply.
Maybe add open D and Vestapol, open G and Spanish, Open D minor and Crossnote, etc. for a specific tuning. Also maybe add slide or bottleneck for the appropriate post's TAG. I appreciate that there is also a TAG index and the effort that members apply to WC when posting, I just thought it might be cool to be able to look up a specific tuning if the need arises.
Thanks in advance,
Gary Davis
Got the name, still workin' on the licks!

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: TAGS
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 08:54:26 PM »
Established protocol for tuning name tags:

Vestapol, Spanish, Cross Note, Dropped D. Other tunings without a common name, for example, G6 tuning

Please refer to http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=3073.msg24088#msg24088

If we all follow the same protocol all the relevant entries will be grouped under a single tag.

Quirky personalized tags are not appreciated, we blow them away periodically. Please try to make your tags generally useful.

Thanks folks.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:03:13 PM by Rivers »

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal