collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Where you been? - Carl Martin's response to Jack Hansen's observation that he had never seen a mandolin with the pairs strung in octave courses as they were on Carl's

Author Topic: The Glory of Christmas  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Bald Melon Jefferson

The Glory of Christmas
« on: December 24, 2009, 11:06:30 PM »
 Ho ho! Christmas Eve 2009 After the party.
Sometimes Santa..... when he drinks too much... his motor skills and sense of meter are diminished a bit.

Not sure how you embed a youTube video here...but after draining two bottles of wine and passing out all those presents NOW is not the time to figure it out. And speaking of passing out...Mrs. Claus seems to have gone into some kind of post party hibernation...There will be no second take to clean things up.

This should get you there....

All the best to you and yours!

Support the Music Maker Relief Foundation

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
Re: The Glory of Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 06:43:58 AM »
Ho ho ho!

What's the guitar??
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 08:04:23 AM »
I like it. Jingle Bells I can listen to. But it's becoming alarming to me how many Weenies own Santa suits.

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 11:33:10 AM »
Go for it Sants, I assume you are just checking the guitar out before delivering it???
(That's enough of that. Ed)

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 03:35:24 PM »
I was recruited to play Santa at a little party down the street, dispensing presents and bad one liners to 8 neighborhood kids. I think the 8 year old was on to me but decided, "Hey, Santa looks/sounds like Gary, but...he's handing out gifts!...think I'll just go along with it". I loved it. The guitar is a killer 2009 small maker copy of a 1930 long scale 12 fret Martin 0-18, which I am very fortunate indeed to own. The suit is borrowed but I think I'll see again next year.
Thanks, I've never recorded myself before...makes me want to try a "real" one doing a better job of playing and recording.

Offline Blue in VT

• Howdy!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 10:07:01 AM »
 :D :D

That was some sweet picking santa!

Blue
Blue in VT

Offline TX_Songster

• From Fort Worth, hometown of The Black Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 01:59:57 PM »
Great stuff BMJ!  You've got a really free, improvisational style.  I don't know if you are truly improvising, but that's the vibe- and I like it!  Maybe it's the jazzy rhythm of Jingle Bells.  Also, I think I'm the guy who started the Glory of Love talk a while back.  I like how you slipped that one in there!

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 05:44:56 PM »
Thanks... that started life as a Happy Traum arrangement. My so -called "Improvisational style" (You are too kind) stems from my inability to memorize anything, follow tab, count, or  play anything all the way through the same way twice...So if it's in C... anything else in C is fair game. Just kinda happens. Sometimes frustrating, sometimes fun. Keeps it interesting for my 3 remaining brain cells.
Songs don't get much better than Glory of Love in my book.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal