collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
She runs a weenie stand, way out in no man's land, oh boy, that's where my money goes - Riley Puckett, Nobody's Business

Author Topic: John Miller Books For Sale  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
John Miller Books For Sale
« on: March 28, 2020, 12:39:24 PM »
Hi all,
I have copies of all four of my books that I did for Stefan Grossman that I can do mail order sales to  U. S. residents.  The four books are "John Miller's Country Blues Guitar Collection", "The Guitar of Mississippi John Hurt--The Rediscovery Years", "East Coast Fingerstyle Blues Guitar" and "Texas Fingerstyle Blues Guitar".  The first two books have 24 song transcriptions, the East Coast book has twenty-five transcriptions and the Texas book has twenty-seven transcriptions.  The books also include player bios, links to the original performances from which the transcriptions were made, the songs' lyrics and playing tips which expand on the transcriptions and provide guidance for the easiest fingering and picking.

The books all list for $25.00.  I'll sell any one book for $30.00, which covers the cost of the postage to you (Media Mail) and the padded mailing envelope.  If you order two books, no postage or envelope cost is added, so the cost for two books is $55.00.  I'm happy to sign any books purchased, if you would like that.

If you have any questions about what songs are in the books, or wish to place an order, please send me a personal message here, and I will tell you the procedure for making payment.  I think these books are great values, generally right around $1.00 per song, which is drastically more for your money than a teaching video.  Thanks for your time.

All best,
Johnm 

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 10:36:21 PM by Johnm »

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: John Miller Books For Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 01:12:14 PM »
Hi all,
I'm going to bump this offer of a sale on the books I've written for Stefan Grossman's Guitar Workshop/MelBay.  The four books all list for $24.95.  To U. S. residents only, I will send any signed single book to you for $30.00, which covers the USPS Media Mail postage and the cost of a padded mailing envelope.  Order two books, and the cost is $55.00, wth no additional cost for postage and an envelope.  To place an order, use the procedure outlined in the Teaching section at my website, www.johnmillerguitar.com .  Just in case it might make a difference, I'll show below what songs are included in each book:

* John Miller's Country Blues Guitar Collection: Titles include: MISSISSIPPI JOHN HURT Stack O'Lee, Blessed Be The Name, Big Leg Blues ED BELL Mean Conductor Blues FURRY LEWIS I Will Turn Your Money Green, Big Chief Blues MEMPHIS MINNIE Reachin' Pete TOM DICKSON Happy Blues ROBERT WILKINS I Do Blues, I'll Go With Her JULIUS DANIELS 99 Year Blues BLIND BLAKE Doin' A Stretch LUKE JORDAN Church Bells Blues BUDDY MOSS New Lovin' Blues, Insane Blues GEESHIE WILEY Eagle's On A Half TOMMY JOHNSON Slidin' Delta WALTER VINSON Overtime Blues BO CARTER My Baby, Cigarette Blues, Your Biscuits Are Big Enough For Me, Policy Blues OTIS HARRIS You Like My Lovin' LIL' SON JACKSON Groundhog Blues

* The Guitar of Mississippi John Hurt--The Rediscovery Years: Titles include: Got The Blues, Can't Be Satisfied, Make Me A Pallet On Your Floor, Coffee Blues, Trouble, I've Had It All My Days, Moanin' The Blues, If You Don't Want Me Baby, Shake That Thing, I Shall Not Be Moved, Casey Jones, Salty Dog, Nobody Cares For Me, Let The Mermaids Flirt With Me, Hop Joint, Lazy Blues, Stockwell, Keep On Knocking, Hot Time In The Old Town Tonight, Cow Hooking Blues, Waiting For You, Funky Butt, Poor Boy, Long Ways From Home, I Been Crying Since You Been Gone, I'm Satisfied and Joe Turner Blues

* East Coast Fingerstyle Blues Guitar: Titles and Artists included: PEG LEG HOWELL Walking Blues LUKE JORDAN Cocaine Blues, If I Call You Mama WILLIAM MOORE Barbershop Rag, Ragtime Millionaire BLIND BLAKE Hard Road Blues BLIND WILLIE McTELL Writin' Paper Blues, Drive Away Blues, Stomp Down Rider CARL MARTIN Old Time Blues BUDDY MOSS Unkind Woman, Some Lonesome Day, Too Doggone Jealous, Baby, You're the One For Me BLIND BOY FULLER I Crave My Pigmeat. Mamie, Walking My Troubles Away, Worn Out Engine FLOYD COUNCIL Runaway Man Blues VIRGIL CHILDERS Dago Blues SONNY JONES Dough Roller GABRIEL BROWN Going My Way RALPH WILLIS Just A Note WILLIE TRICE Good Time Boogie HENRY JOHNSON Crow Jane

* Texas Fingerstyle Blues Guitar: Tunes and Artists include: BLIND LEMON JEFFERSON Stocking Feet Blues , Bad Luck Blues, Easy Rider Blues, Right of Way Blues WILLIE REED Texas Blues BLIND WILLIE JOHNSON Let Your Light Shine On Me, Trouble Will Soon Be Over, Keep Your Lamp Trimmed and Burning LITTLE HAT JONES Bye Bye Baby Blues, Kentucky Blues, Rolled From Side to Side Blues FUNNY PAPA SMITH Seven Sisters Blues Part 2, Whiskeyhead Blues SMITH CASEY Shorty George, Santa Fe Blues WALLACE CHAINS My Poor Mother Keeps On, Praying For Me WILLIE LANE Too Many Women Blues LIGHTNIN’ HOPKINS Thunder and Lightning Blues, Death Bells, Crawlin’ Black Snake LIL’ SON JACKSON No Money, No Love, Gambler Blues FRANKIE LEE SIMS Lucy Mae Blues MANCE LIPSCOMB ’Bout A Spoonful, Charlie James, Shorty George, Ain’t You Sorry

In addition to the transcriptions, the books also include player bios, all of the song lyrics and playing tips that outline the easiest fingerings to use in playing the tunes.  Many of the artists included in the books have never before had transcriptions of their songs made available commercially.  If you have any questions abut the books, send me a personal message.  Thanks for your time.

All best,
Johnm

Tags: John Miller 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal