collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I would figure something out, then I would meet somebody and say "I have it!" and they'd play and I went "Huh?" [laughter] Yeah, what I had was I had the record. I didn't have THAT! - Jerry Ricks, Port Townsend 97

Author Topic: ***** EuroBlues Weekend 2018 *****  (Read 5394 times)

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
Re: ***** EuroBlues Weekend 2018 *****
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2018, 06:52:12 AM »
Mike, very sorry to hear that, from your point of view not mine I hope you get sorted out sooner than later  :)
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2018, 08:08:36 AM »
Aw, that?s a great shame, Mike. Hope things improve quickly for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2018, 10:56:54 AM »
Yep- sorry to hear that Mike.  I enjoy listening to your stuff. 

Offline Slo-Blo

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2018, 10:01:39 AM »
Dear All,
I will be joined by my wife, a keen rambler, who will spend the days exploring the local countryside.
I look forward to seeing you all.
Kind Regards
Graham

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2018, 11:36:53 AM »
Hello Boys and Girls (as in Mrs Bob-a-Long and the Lady Slo Blo) not long to go now before we will be frolicking with our toys in the library along with Miss Scarlet, the Rev Grope and the other folk from Cluedo :P

Despite the reduced bookings I hope we shall be seeing the day-trippers from Exeter way to add to the fun. We should still have a few things to occupy ourselves with as I have cobbled up a quiz of sorts, we have Uncle Bob-a-Long's masterclass in something and I've been promised even a surprise appearance...  :-X

There is of course a wedding on over the weekend so we can be assured of some entertainment and view the latest in ill fitting suits.

Meantime, I look forward to seeing you all on Friday afternoon... I suppose I should add that this is probably going to be the last such gathering since with the reduced numbers plus the hassle from the hotel regarding paying for all the rooms, just at the momemnt I'm not too enthusiastic about trying for next year.

SO let's enjoy it!
R

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2018, 02:09:55 AM »
Hope you have a great time. Sorry I won't be there - I'll miss you all (well, most of you...  ;D).

May I again congratulate and thank Richard for all his efforts over the years. Sterling performance!

I did suggest to Mike S maybe a return to somewhere in the New Forest region next year. Who knows?
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2018, 03:48:12 AM »
PP thanks for the commendation, time will tell if somebody else wants to take it over - it's not the event, it's hotel aspect that has become a pain in the proverbial  :o

Offline petergabony

• Howdy!
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2018, 10:15:53 AM »
Hi to everyone,
I am sorry to say I cannot make it this year. This is not due to Mr Shipman's absence but due to the confluence of a miasmic smorgasbord of pressing personal issues that militate in favour of my egress from the immediate environs.
So I hope you have a pleasing weekend of mellifluous melodies, strident strangulation, rasping rhythms and crapulent cadences.

I hope to see those of us still alive in 2019

Key to the Highway,

Peter

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2018, 07:44:48 AM »
Although fewer in number than in previous years, the Euroweenie gathering was nonetheless an intimate and enjoyable affair, with surprise Saturday guests of marshcat, Harvey and Michael Messer. Richard received a brick in recognition of his organisational prowess. The first night's food was good, and the second night's wasn't. Good to see those that made it and to enjoy many fine tunes in their company!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2018, 07:56:50 AM »
Thanks Prof and thanks to all who attended and have done so in the past - if anybodybody else wants to take it over do let me know! 

The event will be missed (unlike the food on the second night)  :-X   I will post the infamous quiz here in a day or so, which incidentally was won by the Prof. and I think Marshcat may have taken a few pics ???

So once again, thanks to all and it was good to finally get Michael Messer to appear even if it was the last one since he has been threatening to come for ages - Phil, PP, MS and PG sorry you weren't there.

R

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2018, 11:32:58 AM »
Attached is a copy of the quiz - the question numbering may be up the proverbial creek since I have removed those pertinent only to Englad.

See how you get on, if you want the answers send me a pm.

R

Offline Marshcat

• Aloha!
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2018, 11:57:25 PM »
It was good to see you all again and to hook up with Michael again after some years; my 1930 style 3 triplate was also pleased to meet his Fine Resophonic square-neck triplate.

I've asked for a new photo gallery (see "Quick Menu" sidebar) and will post some pictures of you guys as soon as I've photoshopped out some of the wrinkles... could take a while  :D

Marshcat
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:58:34 PM by Marshcat »

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal