collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I ain't doin' no good, haven't even got a lousy dime. The woman I love is way down in the Delta Pines - Johnny Shines, Delta Pines

Author Topic: European Weenie gathering 13-14 April 07 is go! And the web site up and running  (Read 23293 times)

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
Thanks for the support men, it's just like having a good truss   :P  now, if anybody has any trouble with hotel or flights let me know and I'll try and help.

Waxy, thanks you are very brave and I know it's a long way to come!

Prof S was quite right in that it's the hotel bookings that worry me most, especially as my Latvian isn't that good these days  :-\ however it now looks as though all of my rooms might be filled, I'll pop up and check later in the week which will give a little leeway for these booking to be translated  ;)

As for a rough program I will put my mind to it and I will base things on the assumption that -

On the Friday evening maybe some form of organisied open-mic type of thing which could be dependant on numbers as folks will be arriving etc etc

Saturday, I imagine is going to be the music day.. so maybe a masterclass (or is that a bit grand!!) or two  - volunteers and suggestions please? Phil ..Tampa Red? Somebody suggested a lap steel one  :-X , Prof S was going to do lap dacing in a kilt, Waxy looks like you are going to be conscripted as well! Possibly one of my famous blues quizes, but I'm usually told they are too hard! Desert Island Blues was another suggestion and of course there are always the Harry Potter DVDs should we all fail to come up with anything at all! Or, there me be so many of us (I live in hope) that we could do a matineee performance.

Naturally, the evening will have to have more performance time and I have had some been giving thought to making some small groups which would give you something to work on! Oh, and how could I forget the finale of the Lap Dancing KIlt Contest.

On Sunday if anybody is still compis mentis, without a hangover we could even do something healthy like have a cliff walk and watch Waxy have a bit of a twitch in the bushes   :P

Seriously, put your minds to it and tell me what you would like and I'll do my best to tailor the thing to suit and if you do book, it would be helpful if you could email me so I can keep up todate-ish.

Finally, just for Prof S, I am making enquiries as to where I can get my hands on a set of the McPipes as I know you are a great enthusiast  :P and also for the McPipes   >:D

It should be fun.....  :-X
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
Alex,

It's whisky not whiskey on this side.

P

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
Sounds like it's coming together nicely - Waxy I can take care of the long scale twelve string...

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
Whisky...ooo, careful now!!!

As for Waxy and that long scale twiching someplace, the mind boggles.

And, I had an email today saying Sonya was going book in as well, so the gangs almost all here - with I may add for Phil, a few exceptions  ;) 

Prof while I think of it, how you getting here... flying ??? I was just thinking of guitar transportation..  ::)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 08:11:22 AM by Richard »

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
Flybe from Edinburgh via Southampton I think!

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
That'll be with Flybe  then... well don't forget to see if you can do the guitar loading as I suggest then.

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
Actually the connections from Edinburgh were better via Birmingham. Still with Flybe though.

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
If theres still spaces- me and the missus are good for this...  She hates the music but can wander the beach and shops I suspect....

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
NS sorry I missed your post here, but heard you were heading this way via one of my other spies ;) be good to see you.

Now, whilst I'm here can I ask those of you that are coming over to have a think about whether you want me to book a table for a meal on the Friday and Sturday nights or do you think you prefer to do you own thing(s) ?

I have not eaten at the Hotel since my last bout of gastric trouble ;) but I did hear only the other day that somebody had a very nice meal there!

So therefore, it would be helpful if you let me know roughly when you will be arriving... could you do that?

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
First off, we're booked (Friday and Saturday nights) and ready to go!-G-

How many are we? Having worked the restaurant biz I know that large groups can be unwieldy, but two tables of 8 or so shouldn't be too bad. What are the other eateries in the neighborhood like? Maybe we could do Friday dinner at the hotel and Saturday out somewhere?

Not sure of our travel plans, yet but would expect to get there early enough on Friday for dinner.

All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
Waxy we are talking Guernsey here... other eateries    ::)     

If a horse farts it's makes the front page of the local newspaper and we will need transport for other eateries - unless one considers the most excellent fish&chip shop on the Cobo sea front, all very quaintly English but with fish from the sea not the freezer! Bring your own statin 'cause it ain't cooked in the usual oil!

Now, being slightly more serious I know some folks are threatening to hire a car so either that or a fleet of taxis would get us somewhere else. ILet's take a head count a bit nearer the time and book the hotel restaurant for say the Saturday night, we can sort something else for the Friday evening depending on numbers.. that Okeh with all concerned ?

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
Anywhere for a good curry...?

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
Im all booked.... see you all there.

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
NS... good look forward to it, you booked Okeh then - I didn't know you spoke Latvian  ;)

Prof....curry, well I don't do curry myself (or be precise curry does me  :-X, you don't want to know that do you ;) ) there was highly thought of curry shop, I'll check if it's still there - but you'd need a taxi.

I do know there is Chinese eatery which is very easily walkable up the road, I forgot that when I extolling the virtues of the chip shop!

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
fish and chips are fine - as long as they're cooked in beef dripping!

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal