collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Gee, I'm always hungry, can't get enough to eat. I'm just like a savage, I could eat a barrel of meat - Me And My Tapeworm, Sylvester Weaver 1927

Author Topic: Dusty Strings Acoustic Blues Wkshop&Concerts 3/24-26  (Read 3242 times)

Offline orvillej

• Bama-Lama Bama-Loo- Little Richard
    • orvillejohnson.com
Dusty Strings Acoustic Blues Wkshop&Concerts 3/24-26
« on: February 02, 2006, 11:31:23 AM »
hey all, cool event coming up in Seattle for the country bluesophile. it's a fri./sat./sun. deal with classes and workshops in the day and concerts in the evening. JohnM, GrantD, and myself will be on the friday night show and giving workshops. Steve James, Del Rey, Rick Ruskin, Alice Stuart, Dave Mullaney and more on staff. check the website and come join us.

http://www.dustystrings.com/shop/06blues_fest.shtml

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Re: Dusty Strings Acoustic Blues Wkshop&Concerts 3/24-26
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 11:17:02 AM »
There certainly seems to be a proliferation of really appealing workshops going on. This one looks great, Orville. Wish I wasn't on the East Coast.

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 11:43:10 AM »
Wish I wasn't on the East Coast.

Unkie Bud:

Everybody on the east coast wishes he/she wasn't there. Time to move to Alberta, you'd fit right in.

What's your cowboy hat size?

Alex
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 11:44:27 AM by Pyrochlore »

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 11:59:20 AM »
Time to move to Alberta, you'd fit right in.

Right into the tar sands. I know the way you Albertans operate. Lure us with the offer of hats, then unleash the hidden agenda.

ROOTSANDBLUESLADY

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 05:08:02 AM »
"Lure us with the offer of hats then unleash the hidden agenda" I guess means we have to wash your dishes and sweep your foors, wishing I could come too.  Just for the weekend.  I've got the I live on the east coast blues.

Rochelle

Offline orvillej

• orvillejohnson.com
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 07:47:54 PM »
just wanted to bump this up and hope some west coast weenies can make it to this event...oj

Offline orvillej

• orvillejohnson.com
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 09:36:32 AM »
one last bump to the top. this event is coming up next weekend so c'mon out everybody! you can register for the whole weekend or just selected workshops and the concerts feature alice stuart and grant, johnM and i on friday and steve and del with rick ruskin on saturday. there's room for more folks and i'm sure dusty strings can make a deal with you for however much you can attend. they hope to make this an annual event. see you there...oj

Offline Janmarie

• www.janmarieartworks.com
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 07:43:50 PM »
I'm going to try and make it over from Spokane and hopefully weather in the pass will cooperate.  I'm hoping to catch Del's workshops on Boogie Woogie Guitar and Memphis Minnie especially since I don't see Del listed for the PT Blues workshop this summer (hey - what's with that?!). 

What a terrific lineup for this workshop!  Definitely worth the trip over!

Jan

Offline dave stott

• Howdy!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 09:02:45 AM »
to paraphrase Jim Croce..

I've got the steadily depressing, low down mind messing, Living on the East Coast Blues.

Wishing I could attend any one of a number of workshops...

Dave

AX17609

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 08:49:22 PM »
Dave,

you may already know of this but there is a decent week of the blues at Augusta Herritage  ( Elkins Davis College) or somthing like that, in WV in July or August. I had a great time last year.

AX

Offline dave stott

• Howdy!
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 06:54:23 AM »
Thanks, I have never heard of that one. I'll have to check it out.

I did hear of a week long course in Maine, but I have not been able to convince my wife to let me go away for a week on a vacation.

It also looks like Webnash that used to be in the Berkshire mountains of Mass is now associated with IGS or something... I can't figure them out.. All I get is links to the instructors.. I can't find the class schedules

Dave

Dave,

you may already know of this but there is a decent week of the blues at Augusta Herritage  ( Elkins Davis College) or somthing like that, in WV in July or August. I had a great time last year.

AX

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal