Country Blues > Discographies

Willie Brown Sessionography

<< < (2/3) > >>

CF:
The clip mentioned above has been played at the RBF & it actually sounds nothing like Willie Brown's style & has been determined to be a test by E. C. Ball.

btasoundsradio:
i would venture to put the Kid Bailey session on this list as well, I think its safe to say Willie was on 2nd guitar.

CF:
It is? You're the first person I heard say that.

One thing that will have to be modified here are the recording dates for the Paramount sessions. Haven't they been changed by Van der Tuck or??

btasoundsradio:
Also not listed above is Some Summer Day Pt. 1, Charlie Patton with Willie Brown 2nd guitar. Has anyone actually determined whether Leroy Williams and Willie Brown test recording (listed above the EC Ball recording) actually existed as listed below?
https://www.loc.gov/item/afc9999005.34592/
-The Artist Formerly Known As powerlinehorizon

btasoundsradio:
I was just sent a newly remastered version of the whole side listed in the LOC archive (4782 - A). the "Test, poss. Willie Brown" is EC Ball, the false start of "Uncle Sam Done Called" is about 15 seconds long, but has different lyrics entirely. The one thing I will say is that they are making the entire archive available in 1 year and also that the remastering is superb. The LOC's lab technician is performing significant improvements to these recordings. I can't wait to hear what the rest will sound like.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version