collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
We wrote this song, it's our own compose' - Sleepy John Estes, Don't You Want To Know 1941

Author Topic: Dallas News Story on Lemon Jefferson  (Read 180 times)

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
Dallas News Story on Lemon Jefferson
« on: May 06, 2024, 11:14:29 AM »
A friend who attends a monthly country blues jam I frequent shared this article with me:

https://www.dallasnews.com/arts-entertainment/music/2024/02/23/blind-lemon-jefferson-gets-the-spotlight-in-a-trio-of-dallas-projects/

It doesn't contain much in terms of new info, but it does describe three local (Dallas) productions that are keeping his name and reputation alive.

Is it still possible to buy a Lemon Jefferson license plate in Texas?

L

Offline Blues Vintage

• Global Moderator
Re: Dallas News Story on Lemon Jefferson
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 08:06:54 AM »
Speaking for myself, I can't read the article unless I pay for it.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 12:44:29 PM »
Is it still possible to buy a Lemon Jefferson license plate in Texas?

I don't think so Lindy, I do not see it listed anywhere and the Texas Music Foundation has another plate they rep.  I'm sure it was not a big seller, although very cool.  After a few years, they sent me a duplicate set of plates - I assume because they were no longer going to make them. 

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 04:02:27 PM »
I know that you had one, Slack, so you don't need to see what it looked like. For others, scroll down this page (the whole article is about Lemon):

http://bluesdfw.com/sub1/blj.htm

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2024, 07:02:40 PM »
Hey Lindy, thanks for posting that link.  Although I drive a more modern vehicle now, I still have my 2000 Tacoma with that plate on it.  I did get a chuckle out of this line: "Approximately 20 blues fans from as far away as Austin, Dallas, and Houston attended."  Wortham is about an hour south of Dallas, which is spitting distance in Texas.  I'm guessing a few of those 20 also bought the plate. ;)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal