collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
More bass - Response from Jerry Wexler, producer of hits by Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Wilson Pickett and Bob Dylan among others, when asked what he would like to have written on his tombstone

Linked Events

• Waxwing John w/ Miller Wise Oa: November 08, 2009 - November 24, 2009

Author Topic: Waxwing John w/ Miller Wise Oakland House Concert  (Read 1961 times)

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
Waxwing John w/ Miller Wise Oakland House Concert
« on: October 24, 2009, 07:41:18 AM »
I will be playing a house concert in the Glenview neighborhood of Oakland (near Park Ave. above 580). I don't want to put my friend's contact info up, but if you are interested, click on my member name and email me and I'll send you the rest of the flyer. Here's the blurb:

WAXWING JOHN House Concert at Cecilia's

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 8th, 3pm (2nd set at about 4:45pm)

Country Blues singer Waxwing John Cowan, joined by his friend Miller Wise, will grace our neighborhood with another house concert in celebration of the 98th birthday of my house. (I have the meter start tag to prove it!)   

Come on over!         

Suggested donation: $15

Tell us you're coming.  House will seat 35 folks.
First to e-mail or call = first served with a chair to sit on
RSVP: 

All are invited to bring a dish featuring fruits or vegetables of the harvest season, or beverage, to pass.

YOU?LL LOVE THIS BLUES SINGER/GUITAR PLAYER!

Waxwing John Cowan sings and plays the old country blues in the styles in which they were first recorded, yet with his own deep feelings and expressiveness. And he plays them on guitars as old as the recordings he has mined for his material. Since his last concert here, in celebration of his CD, Wax has been studying the artistry of Charley Patton, one of the great performers from an area of Mississippi known as the Delta, and is looking forward to sharing the powerful music of Charley with you.

Also for this two-set concert Wax will be joined by his good friend Miller Wise who will accompany him on vintage mandolins and guitars, and sing a few numbers himself. At some point they will also strap on jug and kazoo and delight us with a few 2-man, 4-instrument jug band numbers. This concert will be filled with music, tradition and respect for the lives of those who created the Blues.

In times like these, who doesn?t need to hear the Blues?

Wax

"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal