collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Fourteen Black Pattis, the most ever found in a single place, now sat in a neat stack in front of Joe Bussard. "Some man gave 'em to my sister back in 1927," the old man was explaining. "We played 'em once, but we don't care much for blues and such, so we packed 'em away and they've been there ever since - Joe Bussard, story by Eddie Dean, washingtoncitypaper.com

Author Topic: John Miller's DVDs  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Bluesymel

• Love the Blues!
John Miller's DVDs
« on: December 06, 2006, 11:37:50 AM »
Yesterday I ordered some stuff on the Grossman site and only today realized that John Miller is the same John Miller on this site. Anyway I am real excited as I ordered the Bo Carter, Furry lewis and MJH Vol2. Anyone have any experience with these 3 DVD instructionals?

Mel
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:53:12 PM by Johnm »

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
Re: John Miller's DVD's
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 12:07:56 PM »
Hey, Mel:

I have the JM Bo Carter one (on VHS) and I really like it. Some of the tunes taught are eclectic, but the instruction is great. Your in for a treat.

Alex

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 01:00:40 PM »
I ordered the Bo Carter, Furry lewis and MJH Vol2

Got 'em all -- they are excellent.

Yves

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 10:25:44 PM »
John Miller is not only a "video maker". I bought all of the videos and particularly appreciated his Bo Carter and expect John to do a "which position by ear" teaching.

These videos are a very little part of the material John can teach at workshops. It's a must to go where he is teaching

John is the best teacher I ever had for all this old blues we (weenies) like. (clear, simple, patient, available...)

See you soon John... at the EBA 2007 ?

Yves "the froggy"

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 11:07:09 PM »
Thanks for the good words, guys.  I hope I am able to make it back to the EBA Summer 2007 session, Yves.  I missed being there this past Summer and seeing friends.  I always enjoy going to England, too.
All best,
Johnm

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal