collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
So they get part of the tune. Then they flag it and get frustrated. Damn, be happy! You got part of the tune. That doesn't stop you... it's not being complacent, it's being realistic. You can't just go through every CD you have and every tune that you like say 'Why can't I play that?' Or 'Why can't I play it as well as that?' - Jerry Ricks, Port Townsend 97

Author Topic: Stefan Grossman: Sister Kate?s syncopated dance. 2nd part?  (Read 3732 times)

gus30tavo

Stefan Grossman: Sister Kate?s syncopated dance. 2nd part?
« on: November 02, 2005, 12:31:56 PM »
Hello. I?ve been working on a Stefan Grossman CD: Black Melodies on a clear afternoon. I like it very much.
There?s an "easy" rag called Sister Kate?s syncopated dance. Is divided on two parts easily differenced. I?ve got only the TAB for the first one. I think the second part is similar but I can?t find the "chord" position by ear.
Anybody can help me and try to "guide" me with a few ideas?.
Thanks a lot.

DaveM

Re: Stefan Grossman: Sister Kate?s syncopated dance. 2nd part?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 05:58:18 AM »
Hi Gustavo

Take a open C7 and slide it up 2 frets (D7) for the first few bars then play a G at the 3rd fret but leave the high E string  open

Stefan plays it with a capo at the second fret so you will actually playing E7 and A
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 06:06:56 AM by DaveM »

gus30tavo

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 06:08:38 AM »
It Looks easy....
Do you play Grossman?.Becouse I?ve got a couple of cuestions about his rags and tabs notations. It doesn?t sound like tabs... (??)
Thanks Dave.

DaveM

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 07:57:23 AM »
I always thought Stefans tabs to be pretty accurate, if you are having problems with them why don't you ask the man himself at -

http://pub169.ezboard.com/fstefangrossmansguitarworkshopfrm2

alanhan

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 02:34:06 AM »
The second part is covered in one of Stefan's video/dvd lessons - fingerpicking country blues guitar. You've no doubt got the first part which is in one of his cd/book lessons (can't remember which). he does play one of the bars in the first part differently as well. The second part is much better in my mind, very ragtime.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal